Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    My Pre 3 is incredibly loud on vibrate mode. I've never had a phone that vibrates like this. I can hear it from 30 feet away if it's on my counter. It vibrates several times louder than my Pre Plus or Pre 2. Is anyone else noticing this on theirs?
  2. #2  
    My Pre 3 has a strong vibrate mode and I really like it. Sometimes on my other devices I would miss notifications so this is a nice feature on the Pre 3.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    My Pre 3 has a strong vibrate mode and I really like it. Sometimes on my other devices I would miss notifications so this is a nice feature on the Pre 3.
    Agreed.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
  4. drich's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #4  
    +1
  5.    #5  
    Alrighty then. Sounds like we're all in agreement. Thanks for the feeback guys!
  6. #6  
    It's really very loud/strong on vibrate. It's rather impressive, but I did have to disable it from the non-silent profile because it's more jarring than any normal notification/ringtone noises the device otherwise makes!
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  7. #7  
    Vibrate on the Veers was better than the original Pre as well. Surely this is part of the HP build.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    933 Global Posts
    #8  
    Also like it but when declining a call with ringer switch off it actually plays a beeping tone. Kind of annoying when you sit in a meeting or a library.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Also like it but when declining a call with ringer switch off it actually plays a beeping tone. Kind of annoying when you sit in a meeting or a library.
    Have you tried jasons really silent ringer switch? I only get a vibrate on dismissing the call.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. #10  
    annoyingly so, I completely disabled mine.
  11. #11  
    I am with others on liking the stronger vibrate on the pre3. I thought the Pre and Pre2 were annoyingly weak. Ideally I would like to be able to adjust its intensity.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  12. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #12  
    It's too strong. I may kill it. I wish you could just turn it down a couple notches.
  13. #13  
    I feel the same way, its really loud - but whats really strange is that the ringer switch is so loosely attached that it clatters loudly with it...that annoys me more than the actual pretty loud vibrating..
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd_Street View Post
    I feel the same way, its really loud - but whats really strange is that the ringer switch is so loosely attached that it clatters loudly with it...that annoys me more than the actual pretty loud vibrating..
    Yea, that's pretty much why I turned it off. Also I'm getting such poor battery life that vibrating all the damn time will just make that even worse.
  15. #15  
    EDIT: @ 2nd_Street beat me to it

    Hey, its not the vibration that is strong but rather the volume toggle rattles when the phone vibrates. Try it: loosely hold the switch when your phone vibrates and the vibration is much smoother and quieter.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    EDIT: @ 2nd_Street beat me to it

    Hey, its not the vibration that is strong but rather the volume toggle rattles when the phone vibrates. Try it: loosely hold the switch when your phone vibrates and the vibration is much smoother and quieter.
    It may rattle but there is no question - the vibration is definitely stronger than older webos phones

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17. #17  
    I fixed the ringer switch rattle noise on mine by precisely cutting a piece of electrical tape around the hole on the inside of the battery cover. Worked like a charm.
  18. #18  
    I love the strong vibrate on mine. I cannot begin to speak of how many alerts I have missed on my Treo 270-680 and Pre Plus because the vibrate was way to soft. Gimme hard virate anyday.
  19. #19  
    yep ... its crazy *** loud ... the vibrate IS strong but its the rattling that drives me nuts. I wish we could dial the vibrate back or secure the buttons that rattle .. don't really want to disable vibrate
  20. #20  
    i agree with Nightburn, i also put a small strip of electrical tape on the back cover next to the very loose ringer switch and it is much quieter. it is a very strong vibrate but i am often in very noisy environments and i cannot do without vibrate. it is much better now. good thread and good post Nightburn.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions