1.    #1  
    It's been working fine for a month after I unlocked it, but awhile ago I figured I'd restart it since it would not display the lock screen when I slide the phone open (I'd have to press the top button).

So what's happening right now is that it's constantly restarting. Loads up the hp logo, then right after it shows my homescreen, it restarts.

I've tried removing the batteries, the sim, putting it in a charger, etc. But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

PS. I can't doctor it, since apparently, there's none yet available for it's model.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Is there any way to reset it without doctor?
    Why can't you dr it? The dr versions are all publicly available right here: webos doctor versions
    under "Download links"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Why can't you dr it? The dr versions are all publicly available right here: webos doctor versions
    under "Download links"
    I can't since there's no matching model. I've tried it before and it says that it can't be doctored because it's the wrong model. I think mine's HSTNH-F30CE: MDV2NXXXXXXX.

Is there really no other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    I can't since there's no matching model. I've tried it before and it says that it can't be doctored because it's the wrong model. I think mine's HSTNH-F30CE: MDV2NXXXXXXX.

Is there really no other way?
    If you log into your Palm Profile from a computer at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and click on Device Options for the device listed on your profile, it should give you the Doctor appropriate to your device.

My device is an HSTNH-F30CN, which is a North American AT&T Pre 3. Is the F30CE the European unlocked device? Make sure you are using the correct Doctor, which is the "older" 2.2.0 image, not the 2.2.3 image which is AT&T only.

If the device is restarting once you get it to the home screen/Launcher and before you can even really do anything, I don't see another solution other than a Doctor.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    If you log into your Palm Profile from a computer at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface and click on Device Options for the device listed on your profile, it should give you the Doctor appropriate to your device.

My device is an HSTNH-F30CN, which is a North American AT&T Pre 3. Is the F30CE the European unlocked device? Make sure you are using the correct Doctor, which is the "older" 2.2.0 image, not the 2.2.3 image which is AT&T only.

If the device is restarting once you get it to the home screen/Launcher and before you can even really do anything, I don't see another solution other than a Doctor.
    That's the thing, I can't log-in since I don't have a Palm Profile. Tried using Impostah before, but it still wouldn't work. I was advised to doctor to it, but as I've said, the model number is different so I wasn't able to.

Hmm, it's not the European unlocked one. It's a demo phone I got from my brother-in-law from Canada so it's from either Bell/Rogers. I believe the Pre 3 hasn't been release there which means no doctor for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by virseph View Post
    That's the thing, I can't log-in since I don't have a Palm Profile. Tried using Impostah before, but it still wouldn't work. I was advised to doctor to it, but as I've said, the model number is different so I wasn't able to.

Hmm, it's not the European unlocked one. It's a demo phone I got from my brother-in-law from Canada so it's from either Bell/Rogers. I believe the Pre 3 hasn't been release there which means no doctor for me?
    We all have Pre 3's here and can doctor them just fine. I'm on TELUS with an AT&T Pre 3. Bell and Rogers have not to my knowledge ever had the Pre 3 in their roadmap, but it's possible it was an engineering sample.

Still should be doctorable though. Maybe you can try the Impersonation instructions from webos-internals. Make an EU Pre 3 look like an NA Pre 3 and vice versa.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    We all have Pre 3's here and can doctor them just fine. I'm on TELUS with an AT&T Pre 3. Bell and Rogers have not to my knowledge ever had the Pre 3 in their roadmap, but it's possible it was an engineering sample.

Still should be doctorable though. Maybe you can try the Impersonation instructions from webos-internals. Make an EU Pre 3 look like an NA Pre 3 and vice versa.
    I haven't seen the Impersonation before. I'll give it a try and report back with the results. Thanks!