Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    I just bought a new Pre3! It's running 2.2.3. It's great, but I want some preware goodness on it. I installed preware on my old Pre2 via WebOS quick install, so I'm wondering if I can on the Pre3. If I can't, can anyone tell me how to install preware onto it? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by e_stark93 View Post
    I just bought a new Pre3! It's running 2.2.3. It's great, but I want some preware goodness on it. I installed preware on my old Pre2 via WebOS quick install, so I'm wondering if I can on the Pre3. If I can't, can anyone tell me how to install preware onto it? Thanks!
    Exact same way. Follow the standard installation procedures: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Get your Pre 3 into develop mode, fire up WOSQI on your computer, and you should be able to install Preware.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    WOSQI is fully compatible with the Pre3 I've used it on both a UK Pre3 and AT&T Pre3 myself

If you're new to WOSQI and/or have issues, I recommend checking out the official WOSQI Homebre Guide http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide or the WOSQI discussion thread
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    WOSQI is fully compatible with the Pre3 I've used it on both a UK Pre3 and AT&T Pre3 myself

If you're new to WOSQI and/or have issues, I recommend checking out the official WOSQI Homebre Guide http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide or the WOSQI discussion thread
    hey jason will webOS repair utility ever be usable again ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey jason will webOS repair utility ever be usable again ??
    no idea; I have a lot on my plate at the moment unfortunately
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Stupid question...should I turn Developer Mode off after installing WOSQI/Preware/etc?
    Stupid question...should I turn Developer Mode off after installing WOSQI/Preware/etc?
    that's your decison ! I do not, others do. With dev mode on the access to your device via novacom driver is easier, but as far as I know there is no security problem with dev mode on!
    Hi all,

I just bought a Pre3 too. Downloaded Webos quick install 4.5 but there's nothing on all tabs except the 'Themes'. Re-downloaded but still doesn't work.

So I downloaded Preware 2 and separately installed it via Wosqi.. It worked but when I execute preware in my Pre3, nothing shows other than a blank white screen for half an hour..... What seems to be the problem?
    Try downloading/installing WOSQI 4.5.1 from here instead:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ytrauvlq...4.5.1.jar?dl=0
    It will update to the corrected/latest Preware_1 URL address.
    We 'lost' the previous one!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    cant download novocom drivers... so the new WOSQI 4.5.1 is stuck at initialising drivers stage/ Help please!!!
    This article covers your problems: TIP: preware.net solutions for WOSQI, Preware v1.9.13 | pivotCE

It includes instructions on editing the hosts file.

HP have been fiddling with their servers in preparation for the shutdown. Remy X has identified the IP addresses, so you need to add the following to your hosts file:

# this redirects the old Preware feed to .net
    140.211.169.161 ipkg.preware.org
    # These are temporary redirects to HP servers (until the 15012015 shutdown?)
    23.4.17.24 cdn.downloads.palm.com
    195.22.200.42 downloads.help.palm.com

An official update to webOS Quick Install including Novacom drivers is expected soon.
    Remy X likes this.