1.    #1  
    Seems too hot to me....

Thanks !
    Batteries do get hot while they're charging. 50C does sound a little hot for my liking too. What's the ambient temperature in your room?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    mine never gets over 32-33c in an hp case clocked at 1.5
  4.    #4  
    @blake711 - While charging using a touchstone :O?

@everythingsablur - about 20 - 25 degrees
    What temperature does it run out if you charge over USB? What temperature is it not charging at idle?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    seems a bit hot for me. i know on my android phones when i charge i can get up into the low 40's but 50?
  7.    #7  
    charging now at 33 degrees using the cable.. about 25-30 when idle.

I do have to mention that it takes some times (few hours, usually happens when left charging at night) for it to get to 50.

I don't think it should be that high anyway.
    Tomorrow I'll try it with another touchstone, maybe that's the problem.

Thanks for helping
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    40 degrees in a room of 21 oC after four hours of charging is hot for me.
    That was with a closed phone though.

Best to charge with the keyboard exposed
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    43c in room with 27-28c temperature. 50c is too hot. Better pull out pre3 from touchstone to avoid any damage. Maybe the pre3 not aligned properly on touchstone, it can caused overheat.
    even at 50c it won't melt anything and won't melt your brain.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Open the slider before you put it on the Touchstone and it will stay much cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Open the slider before you put it on the Touchstone and it will stay much cooler.
    THIS!

I always leave my slider open, I am at 40 right now on TS
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Yes this one works well, I always do that since I use Pre-.

This way can decrease Pre's heat around 2c.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I get 50 on the touchstone aswel, i was a little shocked at first
    I see similar temperatures over usb and touchstone in the mid 40's at room temperature of 72F. I open the slider if I'm charging and tethering, but I am not opening the slider on my phone while on vehicle touchstone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums