Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Also, device info go to "more info" at the bottom and firmware should be MU 2.0.30(3004).
    Strange... I'm getting HSPA+ with firmware revision MU 2.0.30(3001).
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmehoop View Post
    Well I spent about an hour at the at&t shop. My issue is still not resolved. This is what customer service did to try and get my pre 3 to connect to the 4G network (HSPA+).

1. Checked my data plan. It was the correct plan. --No issue
    2. Switched out sim card to newer card 4G. Tried the sim card in a torch blackberry to see if the H+ indicator showed in the blackberry. The H+ showed, blackberry connected to 4G with the sim card I will be using in the HP Pre 3. So, no issue with Sim Card.
    3. Make sure my phone is provisioned. Customer Rep checked the IMEI# serial number and everything looked correct and in order. --no issue
    4. Does not have any at&T software but the customer rep said that's ok because the phone is unlocked so you will not see the at&t navigator and other at&t apps -- No issue

So my next move is to spend probably another 2hrs on the phone with tech support. I don't know what they can do since the sim card worked correctly. This seems like an issue with the phone itself. I verified it is a 16gb US phone not an 8gb european model.

Again, if anyone has other advice I did not try let me know.
    you will never get AT&T 4G because of your Pre's hardware. Only AT&T branded Pre 3 can get 4G due to the devices cellular radio. The best you can do is 3G on unlocked European devices. The customer rep as always doesn't know what their talking about. You should have done you homework.
    HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    you will never get AT&T 4G because of your Pre's hardware. Only AT&T branded Pre 3 can get 4G due to the devices cellular radio. The best you can do is 3G on unlocked European devices. The customer rep as always doesn't know what their talking about. You should have done you homework.
    Did you read his earlier post from October 29? He said he got hte H+ icon. His problems was solved.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I won an e-bay auction for a unlocked palm pre 3.....I went to activate the phone and a screen came up for the unlock code. At that time I didn't know or have it. I contacted seller and now have the code. I went to try again and now all I get is sign into your HP webOS account. I can't get the internet to sign in because it is not activated . I need to get back to where the the page is for the code input is. Any suggestions please ??? Any help would be appreciated !!!
    Question for the ATT people:

I'm lending my unlocked phone to someone to make a 2 week trip to Argentina. He wants to jump on an ATT plan to get his email and also if he needs to make or take an emergency call (he is willing to pay the exhorbitant rates for ATT so he doesn't have to deal with the hassle of buying a local SIM).

What plans do you advise him asking for? After he's done, he will give the phone back to me and resume his Pre2 use with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. Have called and alerted them of my 4G phone, given them my IMEI (as per the tip), made sure I have a new 4G SIM and still no 4G. I'm on AT&T with a locked, AT&T branded phone and in a 4G service area. I thought this would be a bit simpler.

Well, posting this was the magic bean. I looked down at my phone and there was the H+ lol. I wonder if because I called in on Dec. 31st. that the transition didn't go through for a day or two?? Either way...I'm curious to see how it is compared to 3G although I'm not expecting much.
    Last edited by shinerb; 01/02/2012 at 10:09 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12