Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ehosey2
  1.    #1  
    This is really frustrating me! I keep moving the Voice Dial icon away from the 'Applications' page, but after every Luna Restart it makes its way back somehow.

I've tried following the tips in this thread to hide the icon:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=277219

...but nothing seems to work on the Pre3. Plus that thread seems to have died a death.
    Is there any easy way to hide icons with WebOS 2.x?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    There is an application in Preware called Movable Voice Dial. This should do what you are looking for. It works on my Pre 3.
    bcast likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    There is an application in Preware called Movable Voice Dial. This should do what you are looking for. It works on my Pre 3.
    From what I read in Preware, Movable Voice Dial only seems to hide the icon. If you want to keep your icon, just abbreviate the page to "Apps" instead of "Applications". After luna restart, it stays to the same page I left it in.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crossxjudgment View Post
    From what I read in Preware, Movable Voice Dial only seems to hide the icon. If you want to keep your icon, just abbreviate the page to "Apps" instead of "Applications". After luna restart, it stays to the same page I left it in.
    This doesn't seem to work for me. I changed 'Applications' to 'Apps' then moved Voice Dial to my 'Unused' category, however after a Luna restart it was back in 'Apps' again! Grrrrrr
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I just installed movable voice dial and you can access it by holding one of the volume buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    This doesn't seem to work for me. I changed 'Applications' to 'Apps' then moved Voice Dial to my 'Unused' category, however after a Luna restart it was back in 'Apps' again! Grrrrrr
    Ok. I created a "Unused" page, made it the last of the pages, put Voice Dial into it, and did a Luna Restart. Once restart was complete, I launcehed the pages and the Voice Dial showed up on the first page. Apparently, since there is no "Applications" page for it to go to, it now automatically moves to the first page you have. "Apps" is the second page I have in the launcher, which is why it didnt move since I put the icon on the first page when I first did this.
  7.    #7  
    I tried telling the icon to 'leave me alone', but that didn't work either :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)