1.    #1  
    When I shake my AT&T HP Pre3 4G, there's a pretty noticeable rattling noise that comes from the camera. Yes, I'm positive that it's coming from the camera. I heard about the camera making a noise when focusing, but not when the phone is shaken. Anybody else have this going on?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    yes mine too. Mine's the UK Pre 3 though. It's more of a rapid creaking sound.

any way to turn off the damn picture taking sound?
    It's the focusing mechanism that is making that noise, all of the Pre 3s have it. Don't worry, it's normal.
    I concur, it's the focusing mechanism in the camera. The only rattle I hear with my AT&T Pre 3 is the silent/mute button.
    Seems like people are talking about two different noises. I hear a rattle if I shake my Pre 3, but it is coming from the silent/mute/vibrate slider. Put your finger on it and shake your phone and it is no longer present.

There is also a lot of audible auto-focus racking from the camera. This is also normal, but you should only hear it when the camera app is active.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Seems like people are talking about two different noises. I hear a rattle if I shake my Pre 3, but it is coming from the silent/mute/vibrate slider. Put your finger on it and shake your phone and it is no longer present.

There is also a lot of audible auto-focus racking from the camera. This is also normal, but you should only hear it when the camera app is active.
    Yes, the rattle I'm talking about is present when I shake the phone, not when I take a picture. I haven't even taken a picture with it yet. I still think the rattling is from the camera and not the ringer switch, though.
    I concur the rattling you hear when shaking the phone is the ringer switch, not the camera
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I concur the rattling you hear when shaking the phone is the ringer switch, not the camera
    I'll have to go shake it again to make sure.