Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    i was searching ebay and i have seen several verizon branded pre3's on there. are these legit because i know verizon has not released the phone? ive been considering getting a pre3 or pre2 but im not sure if it's worth it at this point?
    I have a vzw pre3.

they work, but have several bugs that I don't see in the at&t pre3. I sure hope there is at least one more webOS update coming for verizon pre2 and pre3 to kill some bugs.

it's a great phone, but only for crazy people like me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have a vzw pre3.

they work, but have several bugs that I don't see in the at&t pre3. I sure hope there is at least one more webOS update coming for verizon pre2 and pre3 to kill some bugs.

it's a great phone, but only for crazy people like me.
    well im on android and have been for two years but im ready to switch things up again. i owned several webos devices so im no noob to them. im just not sure of i want to pull the trigger or not? i mean with the current unknown state of webos.

did you buy your pre3 on ebay? how can they sell these when the carrier has not even released them?
  4.    #4  
    can a mod change the title to ebay not ebat? i cannot edit it!
    I got one. It's definitely the best webOS phone yet. Except, no matter what I do, what I try, what I set, what I homebrew, what I kernel, the battery life is *****. Worse than my HTC Thunderbolt, which is supposed to be the worst phone on the market for battery.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    I got one. It's definitely the best webOS phone yet. Except, no matter what I do, what I try, what I set, what I homebrew, what I kernel, the battery life is *****. Worse than my HTC Thunderbolt, which is supposed to be the worst phone on the market for battery.
    i know i owned the tbolt and now im on the dinc2. hmm well im not sure what to do. im also considering a wp7 device. i just need something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i know i owned the tbolt and now im on the dinc2. hmm well im not sure what to do. im also considering a wp7 device. i just need something different.
    I was somewhat in your situation. Bored with Android and always loved webOS. That's partly why I got the pre3. Not a fan of wp7 at all though. I would maybe say go for the pre3. As for my battery life, I may just have a bad unit considering everyone around here is saying the pre 3 battery life is great. Hopefully others will chime in about the battery. I may call HP and see if they can replace mine, as others have had success with doing that.

PS: Everybody's view of battery is different. What sucks for me may be decent for you.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    I was somewhat in your situation. Bored with Android and always loved webOS. That's partly why I got the pre3. Not a fan of wp7 at all though. I would maybe say go for the pre3. As for my battery life, I may just have a bad unit considering everyone around here is saying the pre 3 battery life is great. Hopefully others will chime in about the battery. I may call HP and see if they can replace mine, as others have had success with doing that.

PS: Everybody's view of battery is different. What sucks for me may be decent for you.
    well im not about to pay $400+ for one on ebay, maybe when the price drops. i was more curious as to why they are being sold without verizon doing so.
    well im not about to pay $400+ for one on ebay, maybe when the price drops. i was more curious as to why they are being sold without verizon doing so.
    Well, of course, Verizon and AT&T aren't selling them because they were cancelled. The ones on ebay come from a small HP/Palm store in sunnyvale, CA. At that store, HP was selling the devices to HP employees ONLY. Those employees are now selling the ones they got from the store on ebay. That store has now been shut down. So what you see on ebay is coming from employees from that store that closed a few days back. They can't get anymore now, so, what they have is what they have. But don't be deceived, they have more than what is listed on ebay right this second. Anyways, Verizon can activate them because they were registered Verizon phones with valid Verizon ESN's. They were just about to be sold, but when HP cancelled the hardware VZ, like AT&T, cancelled their order for the pre3. Thats when they were sold in that little store to the employees who are now selling them on ebay. So yes, you can activate them because they were Verizon phones waiting to-be-sold.
  10.    #10  
    i think ill wait until after the new year to decide on a new device. i also want to see what happens to webos by then. 2012 will bring alot of new choices to the table.
    I doubt the price will drop for Verizon. Hey, you can always buy an ATT one for cheaper price.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    I doubt the price will drop for Verizon. Hey, you can always buy an ATT one for cheaper price.
    naw, i just went to verizon in june. i see no need to switch, especially for a phone with an unknown future.
    does anyone know what price these were sold to the HP employees at?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    im assuming alot less than they are asking on ebay. it's the same with users who got the iphone 4s at a cheap upgrade discount. ive seen them selling them on craigslist for as much as $750. anybody who pays that is an *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    $75, reportedly
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapingjavert View Post
    $75, reportedly
    off topic but i am hoping for another holiday touchpad firesale. id like to pick one up.
    I have a VZW Pre 3 that I bought on Verizon and I'm enjoying it a lot. What bugs are people seeing on the device that are not on AT&T?

As for battery life, so far I think it is at least as good as my Pre 2. And there have been times when I've seen incredible battery life. I'm using Uberkernal and adjusted up the lower limit a bit because it seemed to be making the device sluggish at wakeup. It's the best battery life I've seen from a webOS device, and I've had most all of them on different carriers.
    I wouldn't comment this thread anymore. Obviously the user has no intention of buy-ing one except may be at a firesale price. It is waste of time to response.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    I wouldn't comment this thread anymore. Obviously the user has no intention of buy-ing one except may be at a firesale price. It is waste of time to response.
    it's not a waste as the thread was about why ebay is selling them but verizon is not. i also asked if it was legit.
    if you bother to do a search, you will know there are plenty of Verizon pre 3 users.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast