Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Dsol
  • 1 Post By LCGuy
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    As I sit here and continually grow frustrated with my TouchPad's most recent update and try to figure out how to make it work like it used to or how it should, it occurred to me that the Pre 3 is rock solid. Yes I see that others are having a few issues, but a device with so much functionality built into and endless methods of tweaking I can't believe how great it has been. I am running Uberkernel and some other patches but by and large it worked great out of the box, or at least after the initial update to the current OS version.

And the phone actually works great! (as a phone, you know for talking, which is really its primary purpose). Oh yeah and the glass is great, been using without a case or screen protector for a couple of months now and not a mark on it.

I was nervous buying for over twice the going price today but completely happy.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    pre4 likes this.
    Yep, as early adopters you often pay more but it's often worth it. The earlier Pre3 prices were a little high, but at today's prices they are a bargain in my opinion. Many have even bought backup Pre3's as a result.
    Total agreement.

The Pre3 is a winner.

Tragic that it got killed before it got properly released.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    It's the best Pre yet, and so much so I also bought a second Pre 3 as a backup.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    The Pre 3 is, well, quite simply, an incredible device!

Larger screen than an iPhone screen, gorgeous display, WITH a physical keyboard, fast as all getup, a REMOVABLE battery, and easy to use and multitask with like no other smartphone out there..

Seriously, HP, this is underspec'd by current other smartphone technology available (severely so, in fact), and it STILL is everything I want and need it to be for the next year or more - what, on earth, are you thinking by discontinuing WebOS hardware, partciularly in the smartphone arena?

Don't you know by now that the Pre 3 was probably THE device that would have changed the future of WebOS???

Oy... I give up... its like speaking latin to a new born baby.. totally useless.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

pre4 likes this.
    I ordered the 16GB AT&T Pre 3 and can't wait to get it. I gave up my original Pre (since launch day) and moved to the Motorola Photon 4G. The Pre 3 is going to share my SIM from my iPhone 4S. I also got a $150 TouchPad and I'm falling in love with webOS again. I'm glad the price came down from the last time I checked, I got a Pre 3 and Touchstone for $207.00 (the seller was including the touchstone free). I'm very happy with the price.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/28/2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added words
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I ordered the 16GB AT&T Pre 3 and can't wait to get it. I gave up my original Pre (since launch day) and moved to the Motorola Photon 4G. The Pre 3 is going to share my SIM from my iPhone 4S. I also got a $150 TouchPad and I'm falling in love with webOS again. I'm glad the price came down from the last time I checked, I got a Pre 3 and Touchstone for $207.00 (the seller was including the touchstone free). I'm very happy with the price.
    Looks like you got both at bargain prices! The Pre Touchstone used to be $50 alone. Get the Touchpad Touchstone too while it's still around, it works great (can charge even with the case on), is very convenient, and doubles as a clock/photo frame.

How do you share a Pre3 SIM with an iPhone 4s microSIM? microSIM adapter in the Pre3?

I love the Pre3 but it's a pain taking the cover off to remove the SIM. Wish they just had an easily-accessible SIM slot on the top like the Veer.
    I love my Pre 3 too, but I'm curious about the problems you're having with you're TP. What seems to be the problem?
    Yeah, had to put my June 09 Sprint Pre out to pasture, almost 2 1/3 years old and still worked great but I had my eye on the Pre 3 and it was love at first sight. 3 weeks now and loving it more and more each day, what an awesome phone and very easy on the eyes. Damn shame, this phone should have been released first instead of the Veer IMO. With the Govnah running things my Pre 3 has been running smooth and the battery life has been great. Over the past few weeks more an more patches are being updated for the Pre 3 so I want to give a big thanks to the homebrew community and WebOS Internals

I was a little apprehensive at first going to at&t but so far so good and man they may call it faux G but it's so much faster than Sprints 3G. Sprint may be unlimited but it's sooo slooow. All the new iphone 4S users on Sprint are crying about how slow it is, lol, glad I dumped them.

Anyone sitting on the fence thinking about getting a Pre 3, now is a good time now that the prices have dropped on the at&t versions and the risk is low. If you are a big fan of webOS this is the way to go IMO.
    pre4 likes this.