1.    #1  
    I'm using an activated pre 3 on simple mobile (t-mobiles network). I currently have telenav because I still have Sprint on my Pre 2. I can log into the att navigator on the Pre 3 if I have WiFi and I was also able to download a route. However, with no WiFi the data automatically turns off when I open the app. Is there any way to use it without WiFi? Thanks in advance.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    I think AT&T navigator requires an AT&T Data connection when you are not on wifi.

Since you are on t-mobile effectively I see no way that could work.

I think you are out of luck unless you bring along a second phone with wifi hotspot which kinda seems silly.
  3.    #3  
    That sucks. I was hoping to not spend the extra cash on at&t's network but I guess my options are wait for ndrive or bring my pre 2 and my pre 3 everywhere just to hotspot for navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    That sucks. I was hoping to not spend the extra cash on at&t's network but I guess my options are wait for ndrive or bring my pre 2 and my pre 3 everywhere just to hotspot for navigation.
    What about Navit? It's free and while I'm not the biggest fan... I think if you download the right maps and tinker with it you might be able to make it work.
  5.    #5  
    I can give navit a try I suppose. I tried it a while ago on the pre 2 but didn't like it. Hopefully its been updated since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What about Navit? It's free and while I'm not the biggest fan... I think if you download the right maps and tinker with it you might be able to make it work.
    I appreciate the navit effort but there's no quick way to input a destination to navigate to. I've tried everything I could think of including getting coordinates to input. My biggest issue is that there are so many cities with the same name in the US and no way to differentiate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    yeah, navit is a pain. I do like it in some ways, but it certainly has it's shortcomings. Just to try it out I tried navigating to my sister's house in Riverside, CA. It came up with numerous entries for Riverside, with no way to tell which one was the right one. And this was with only the California map loaded... I don't believe there are that many Riversides in just California (I think there are neighborhoods of Modesto and Sacramento called Riverside), but the CA map also includes part of Nevada. Anyway, after 4 guesses I finally found a Riverside that included my sister's street. After that it navigated us pretty well, and smoothly adjusted when we took a different exit off the freeway that we know to be faster. But then as we drove the couple of miles down a major road to reach her street, it kept telling us to turn right at every intersection even though the line on the map continued straight ahead. It's a good thing we knew where we were going!