Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Am unable to find what are the changes & if it is a good update to install. Anyone knows?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Not showing on my AT&T Pre 3...haven't checked my UK Pre 3
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Not showing on my UK pre... although we're still on 2.2.0 3171 in the EU, so I'm not holding my breath
    Not showing on my pre3 (att 16gb) either.
  5.    #5  
    Further info, I am currently on 2.2.3 2207. Message says update 2.2.4 will be installed on next charge.
    I had an update to 2207 show up on my AT&T Pre3, but after installing it all I could discern was that it reinstalled all of the AT&T bloatware that I stripped out when creating a Meta Doctor image. Only after adding the bloatware back in did I realize I inadvertently cut out Voice Dialling, and haven't been able to figure out how to add that back without adding the bloatware, but that's for another thread. I re-doctored. Would rather not have any of the bloatware if I an prevent it.

Unless it it an actual point release upgrade (i.e. 2.2.x), then it's probably nothing to bother with.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    ATT Pre3 (on ATT, not unlocked) showing up to date at 9:20 pacific
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    no 2.2.4 update. Wonder what build you are on?
    you might want to visit the doctor.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shangrila View Post
    Further info, I am currently on 2.2.3 2207. Message says update 2.2.4 will be installed on next charge.
    Only two posts, both on an update nobody's heard of...hmmm.
    Which phone version and what country and operator?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  10.    #10  
    This is ATT 16GB model
    also a little odd that the build number is only incremented by one over the 2.2.3 build number. this all seems suspect to me.

(edit: besides, stuff like this isn't true until Rod Whitby says it's true!)
    kill_dano likes this.
    This is ATT 16GB model
    Install the Impostah app from Preware and tell us what it says in the Device Profile -> Location Host entry ...

Also post the softwareVersion entry from the Show Device Profile screen.

-- Rod
  13.    #13  
    thanks....it was pointing to QA server.
  14.    #14  
    Can somebody help? Before I could shift from QA to main server, my phone updated to 2.2.4. It still looks stable but now I am not able to remove or edit my webOS account information.

2 question:
    - Is there a way to enable the 'Remove account' button on WebOS account details page?
    - I have AT&T Pre3 unlocked. If I run webOS doctor 2.2.3 for AT&T, will it network lock my phone again?
    thanks....it was pointing to QA server.
    How did you end up with an AT&T Pre 3 pointing to "QA server" ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    How can I get on the QA server?! lol
    I envy you Pre3 guys. I am stuck with Veer & Pre 2 and neither of them are getting updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Install the Impostah app from Preware and tell us what it says in the Device Profile -> Location Host entry ...

Also post the softwareVersion entry from the Show Device Profile screen.

-- Rod
    Mine shows Location Host: ps.palmws.com
    firmware : MU2.0.30(3004)

what does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Mine shows Location Host: ps.palmws.com
    firmware : MU2.0.30(3004)

what does this mean?
    It means you have a normal Pre 3 device.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It means you have a normal Pre 3 device.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod... is there any updates for my Pre 3 that I need to do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast