Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Device info shows me firmware 2.0.30(3500).. Just sayin..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    Device info shows me firmware 2.0.30(3500).. Just sayin..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    3500 is the EU modem firmware. US modem firmware is 3001 or 3004.

Nothing to do with the webOS version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Not showing on my pre3.

firmware MU2.0.30 (3004).
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    How did you end up with an AT&T Pre 3 pointing to "QA server" ?

-- Rod
    If it was one of the carrier testing devices, then that could happen.

TTB

P.S. All of those were supposed to get returned to HP ......
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/29/2011 at 11:51 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    If it was one of the carrier testing devices, then that could happen.

TTB

P.S. All of those were supposed to get returned to HP ......
    sounds like it got returned to HP, and right out the door to eBay. That bites for whomever got it! (Shangrila)

But probably a visit to the webOS Doctor for AT&T or Verizon would fix it, right?

And the good news being it looks like another Pre3 OS update is on the way, if the QA folks have it for testing. Go webOS engineers!
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Actually I want to know how to point to that QA server too. Maybe I can get a test build for my Veer and get TTS working.

That is of course the dev guys at HP Palm aren't as bad as where I work and keep dumping broken code into QA...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    CvvB likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That is of course the dev guys at HP Palm aren't as bad as where I work and keep dumping broken code into QA...
    Isn't that kind of the point of QA? At some point you need to do system integration testing on real devices.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I bet the guy who got a Veer, in the Veer Section, with webOS 2.2.3 had his Location Host pointing to the QA also ... The only logical answer as it seems possible that some devices slip through still pointing to the QA server ..

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I exactly know how it feels .... LOL
    Last edited by CvvB; 10/29/2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Isn't that kind of the point of QA? At some point you need to do system integration testing on real devices.
    Yes to an extent. If your dev doesn't even do their unit testing properly... QA's life is very hard. You just find yourself raising defects every 10 minutes and not getting anywhere.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by shangrila View Post
    thanks....it was pointing to QA server.
    QA server, huh? Can you download paid apps for free?
    well I guess this at least proves they're working on webOS 2.2.4. that's nice. or do we take it as alarming that they're only one build number ahead of 2.2.3 build 2207?
    well one would hope that you wouldn't regularly end up with completely broken stuff at QA . . .

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    well I guess this at least proves they're working on webOS 2.2.4. that's nice. or do we take it as alarming that they're only one build number ahead of 2.2.3 build 2207?
    Anyone thinking that a 2.3.x will ever be released is delusional. Be thankful that there is even talk of a 2.2.4 ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Anyone thinking that a 2.3.x will ever be released is delusional. Be thankful that there is even talk of a 2.2.4 ...

-- Rod
    If HP kills webOS development and shut GBU, what will be legal status of webOS? Would then be possible to openly redistribute files and make system tweaks more freely?
    You're joking, right?

-- Rod
    that's inspirational :|

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12