1.    #1  
    Okay, activated my Pre 3 with AT&T on Monday and used my current Palm Profile. Everything went great. My Sprint phone service was turned off also on Monday so my Pre- has no phone connection. When I went to turn on my Pre-, it asks me to either "Sign In To My Profile" or "Create New Profile". Since I have no phone connection to my Pre-, if I select "Sign In To My Profile", it won't erase my profile on my Pre 3 will it? I will have wi-fi connection, but don't you need a phone connection to actually sign in to a profile? Thanks for any input on this as I really don't want to screw up my profile on my Pre 3.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    You can't have two phones signed into the same profile. So you don't want to sign into the Pre3's profile with the Pre-, it will remove all the apps and sign you out.

You may be able to make a new profile and sign into that, not sure about signing in wifi only though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    You can't have two phones signed into the same profile. So you don't want to sign into the Pre3's profile with the Pre-, it will remove all the apps and sign you out.

You may be able to make a new profile and sign into that, not sure about signing in wifi only though.
    Well you can create a new profile on a TouchPad, so you might be able to on a wifi pre
    I was in the same situation. There are some patches you need to activate the pre- on a new profile. This thread has the info. If you are not in the states, you need to find the localized version of the "show first use" patch on the developers website. Changing your phone to US to create the profile may work.

http://www.precentral.net/bypass-activation-webos-1-x
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input....sounds like the best option is to just let me Pre- have a nice death and move on. If I want to start using it for some reason, I'll just start a new Palm Profile. Thanks again for the info as I didn't want to delete my profile info from my new Pre3.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Since you are not activating the device, you should be able to create a profile on WiFi, IIRC (been a while since I messed with it)

You can use Impostah to have 2 phones on the same profile
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You know, when I first got my Pre 3 I was faced with the same dilemma, what to do with my Sprint Pre? Then I thought about for a minute, my Pre 3 has a superior screen, processor and keyboard plus twice the memory than my original Pre so why would I want to continue to use it for tasks when I can use my Pre 3, lol. So I keep it in airplane mode now and I occasionally use it as a music player.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You know, when I first got my Pre 3 I was faced with the same dilemma, what to do with my Sprint Pre? Then I thought about for a minute, my Pre 3 has a superior screen, processor and keyboard plus twice the memory than my original Pre so why would I want to continue to use it for tasks when I can use my Pre 3, lol. So I keep it in airplane mode now and I occasionally use it as a music player.
    I have two Veers and a Pre2 in airplane mode in the bedroom.... and two dead original Sprint Pres (really need to wipe em and pull the batteries, they are never getting used again, they need to go back in their boxes).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    So I guess I could just wipe the drive clean and then start a new profile? For the airplane mode option to have worked, I should have put it in that before swapping the profile over to me Pre3, huh? I don't see myself really using it, but just figured what the heck.