1.    #1  
    I just ordered an unlocked UK Pre 3 on Amazon:

Amazon.com: HP Pre 3 - UK version (Unlocked), UMTS, GSM/EDGE, 8GB, Black, QWERTY Smartphone: BrilliantStore

Had been waiting for a Pre 3 since February, and just got my $150 TouchPad, so I really wanted a Pre 3. How are people liking the Pre 3 running here on AT&T? How is call quality? Data speeds? etc. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/27/2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I just ordered an unlocked UK Pre 3 on Amazon:

Amazon.com: HP Pre 3 - UK version (Unlocked), UMTS, GSM/EDGE, 8GB, Black, QWERTY Smartphone: BrilliantStore

Had been waiting for a Pre 3 since February, and just got my $150 TouchPad, so I really wanted a Pre 3. How are people liking the Pre 3 running here on AT&T? How is call quality? Data speeds? etc. Thanks in advance!
    why the UK version when you are in NJ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binarr View Post
    why the UK version when you are in NJ?
    I had no idea that there was an unlocked version for the US. I feel very foolish, lol. Just contacted the seller on Amazon and they also are selling the non-UK unlocked, hopefully they'll change it before it ships. Thanks again!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I had no idea that there was an unlocked version for the US. I feel very foolish, lol. Just contacted the seller on Amazon and they also are selling the non-UK unlocked, hopefully they'll change it before it ships. Thanks again!
    if they refuse to swap it just return it.. u'll get hit with "All returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the return is not a result of our error or non-defective products."
    but you'll make up the restocking fee by buying the ATT unlocked pre 3 16 GB off ebay
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binarr View Post
    if they refuse to swap it just return it.. u'll get hit with "All returned items are subject to a 15% restocking fee if the return is not a result of our error or non-defective products."
    but you'll make up the restocking fee by buying the ATT unlocked pre 3 16 GB off ebay
    Does it use the same

I emailed them but haven't heard back.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm using an unlocked UK Pre3 on AT&T and it works fine. Don't sweat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    It will work fine, except if you live predominantly in an area that makes heavy use of the 850 MHz band. The EU version swaps the North America centric 850 band for the more worldy 900 MHz band.

There's also the matter of 8 GB vs. 16 GB...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post
    I have the unlocked UK Pre3 on AT&T also and it works great. Based on what I heard the UK Pre 3 does not have the right antenna to get 4G speed on AT&T, but you will get 4G when in the UK.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I got the UK version also and I think its better cause the UK ver can use the ATT GO plan for $50 unlimited everything with out have to spring for the extra $15 data package...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    I got the UK version also and I think its better cause the UK ver can use the ATT GO plan for $50 unlimited everything with out have to spring for the extra $15 data package...
    That's a great tip, I'll try it.