Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Did any one else notice and start the visual voicemail that comes as part of the phone app on the Pre 3 for Verizon? I initiated service (2.99 per month) and it works perfectly (yes, I have already had three voicemails). Any one else notice this?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I activated it as well.
    Voicemail is so much better to use now. My brain likes how it was integrated into the phone, rather than making it a separate app.
    Along with Skype, this is an enhancement on the Pre 3 that leaves the impression that at least some people at Palm-HP were heading things in the right direction.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Does anyone know if this works on AT&T? I have Visual Voice Mail on my plan but I can't seem to find a way to make it work on my Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Does anyone know if this works on AT&T? I have Visual Voice Mail on my plan but I can't seem to find a way to make it work on my Pre 3.
    Is Visual Voice Mail an app? I don't see that on my AT&T Pre 3, but I do see "Voice Dial" and that works pretty well. Maybe this is just for Verizon and not AT&T?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Don't think it will be integrated by AT&T, though it was nice for the blackberry torch i threw away. If you want to play with it, I used to use Youmail, though stopped when they were having some issues (which I hear they have fixed). I'm thinking of going back to it since it's so nice to pick what vm you want to listen to. I know their app is $3.99, but it's a free service after that for a much more feature rich vvm to Verizon or At&t vvm. Just my 2cents.
    *Treo 600, *Treo 650, * Treo 680, *Treo 800, Palm Pre3
    Something big turned me off to youmail, maybe terms of service or something.
    Visual voicemail is a feature of Google Voice for FREE. I've been using it for over a year and love it. I have my ATT Pre 3 ring when you call my Sprint Google Voice # and plan on porting it to H2O for $60 a month with unlimited everything and H+ data in a couple weeks. I've been happy with the service in my area so far from ATT and H2O uses the same network. I have dropped a few calls but the Pre 3 far outweighs this drawback with the stellar hardware. I just couldn't justify dropping the $700 on a Verizon Pre 3 with no guarantee the thing would activate. $60 a month "unlimited" is as cheap as you're going to get these days + Google Voice integration adds some pretty sweet features such as the visual voicemail and call forwarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    Something big turned me off to youmail, maybe terms of service or something.
    Please fill me in on this something big. As a free service, I expect a small amount of tit-for-tat, and I see nothing glaring in their TOS or Privacy Policy for me to throw a red flag.

http://www.youmail.com/termsofuse.html

http://www.youmail.com/home/corp/privacy.do
    *Treo 600, *Treo 650, * Treo 680, *Treo 800, Palm Pre3
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Is Visual Voice Mail an app? I don't see that on my AT&T Pre 3, but I do see "Voice Dial" and that works pretty well. Maybe this is just for Verizon and not AT&T?
    Visual voicemail is not its' own app on Verizon Pre 3. It is a setting in the phone app preferences.
    Once enabled, the regular voicemail icon in the phone app displays your voicemails, separating them by caller, time, displaying length of call etc. When you select a voicemail to listen to it gives you the option of scrolling the timeline. Works great.
    I don't know about the AT&T model but if it has it available it would probably also be in phone preferences.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roams11 View Post
    Visual voicemail is not its' own app on Verizon Pre 3. It is a setting in the phone app preferences.
    Once enabled, the regular voicemail icon in the phone app displays your voicemails, separating them by caller, time, displaying length of call etc. When you select a voicemail to listen to it gives you the option of scrolling the timeline. Works great.
    I don't know about the AT&T model but if it has it available it would probably also be in phone preferences.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    This is embedded into the phone app. The difference between this and the ATT phone is that it is native to the phone app and works flawlessly with Verizon once you accept the terms of service and ok a 2.99 monthly charge. I have used you mail before and though it is feature rich it is not as fast or as integrated as this app is. I have had the Verizon Pre 3 visual voicemail for 24 hours and must say it is great. Finally, it makes me believe they were very close to releasing this phone as the integration with Verizon is essential.