Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I am seriously considering purchasing a Pre 3 via ebay for use on t-mobile's network. Will the unlocked At&t version work on T-mobile, and or the regular Pre 3 unlocked models work on t-mobile? I don't want to buy the phone and then be stuck with it. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  3. #3  
    yes, it works great, but no 3g/4g. EDGE data only. If your data needs are modest, it'll be fine. There are other choices though...
  4. #4  
    There are 3 Pre3 models:

    1. Europe Pre3 unlocked model - will work on T-Mobile USA (make sure you get the QWERTY keyboard UK model, not QWERTZ Germany or AZERTY France models)

    2. AT&T Pre3 model (locked or previously unlocked) - only unlocked model or locked model with valid unlock code will work on T-Mobile USA (better to get Europe Pre3 unlocked model as it is factory unlocked so you know it will work)

    3. Verizon Pre3 model (CDMA) - will not work on T-Mobile USA as T-Mobile uses GSM not CDMA networks

    As Johnsonx42 says, using a Pre3 on T-Mobile USA only allows 2.5G EDGE data speeds, not the faster 3G/4G speeds you would get with a Pre3 on AT&T. So running a Pre3 on T-Mobile is best for non-heavy data usage.

    Definitely get the Pre3 while they last, it's the best webOS phone ever made.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre4 View Post

    Verizon Pre3 model (CDMA) - will not work on T-Mobile USA as T-Mobile uses GSM not CDMA networks
    Verizon Pre3 is CDMA+GSM. It could work on T-Mobile but I don't think anyone has had much luck unlocking it for a non Verizon SIM card. Plus they're expensive.

    I recommend an AT&T Pre3 for T-Mobile. Just make sure its unlocked by the seller and/or comes with the unlock code. I got my second AT&T Pre3 shipped for under $200.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Verizon Pre3 is CDMA+GSM. It could work on T-Mobile but I don't think anyone has had much luck unlocking it for a non Verizon SIM card. Plus they're expensive.

    I recommend an AT&T Pre3 for T-Mobile. Just make sure its unlocked by the seller and/or comes with the unlock code. I got my second AT&T Pre3 shipped for under $200.


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Right, the Verizon Pre3 is a world phone with CDMA+GSM. But practically, no one would want to spend over double for the Verizon Pre3 (over the Europe or AT&T Pre3) to end up running it on AT&T or T-Mobile networks. And if you could unlock the Verizon Pre3 GSM side, it only has the 900 and 2100 MHz UMTS bands which are not used in the USA (you need the 850 or 1900 bands for AT&T and both 1700 and 2100 AWS bands on T-Mobile) so it would not be 3G/4G compatible on T-Mobile.

    I still prefer the Europe factory unlocked Pre3's as it is guaranteed they are unlocked. A lot of the AT&T Pre3's for sale say they are unlocked but aren't or the unlock code supplied is invalid, and they come with AT&T pre-populated apps, contacts, and logos you don't want. The AT&T Pre3 is not supported by HP either as it was never officially released, while the Europe Pre3 is supported as it was officially released. One thing better about the AT&T Pre3 is it has double the storage 16GB than the 8GB Europe Pre3, but I'm not even close to using the 8GB, it depends on your needs.

    But you are right, either the AT&T or Europe Pre3 prices are low now for such a great phone. I would buy them soon as HP is no longer making or selling them.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgreenlantern2 View Post
    I am seriously considering purchasing a Pre 3 via ebay for use on t-mobile's network. Will the unlocked At&t version work on T-mobile, and or the regular Pre 3 unlocked models work on t-mobile? I don't want to buy the phone and then be stuck with it. Thanks!
    I picked up a factory unlocked UK model from ebay and it works fine on Tmobile. I only get Edge data though...no 3G.

Posting Permissions