Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Posted this in the WebOS patches forum but couldn't get anyone's interest or attention. Thought maybe folks over here would be more interested.

Searched and couldn't find a solution.

I used the heck out of the White Pages app on my Pre Plus and Pre 2 and particularly liked the reverse lookup feature integrated with the phone call log for unknown numbers. Imagine my disappointment to look for White Pages in the HP app catalog and in Preware on my Pre 3 and not finding it

Someone elsewhere on here said that the problem may be that AT&T packaged Yellow Pages into the bloatware on their branded phone (the one I bought). I'm hoping that it is possible to have a patch created that shuts off YP and allows the Pre 3 to see and install WP (similar to how Freetether overides Mobile Hot Spot).

Any of you bright folks out there interested? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for it.

Thanks in advance!
    Do you still have access to a Pre+/Pre2? If so it would be possible to extract the application from there, package it into an ipk and install it onto your Pre3. Sadly this method won't work with a Touchpad, since there's a touchpad-specific Enyo version.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I requested that this come back to the pre 3 too but someone just said it was a junk app and not worth it. I miss it very much. Wish we had this again!!! slick patch right in the phone app. Id be happy with the app back on the phone at least.
    You probably already do this but you could bookmark the white pages mobile website and use It that way.
    The patch is very slick. two finger touches and we have the result. It was fast and flawless thats why we miss it so much.
    Could get me the ipk of the Pre/2 version, the name and category of the patch (Browser, Mojo, Luna, Misc, etc.) and the version number of WebOS the patch worked on? I'll see if I can get it working.
    gsparks2 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Could get me the ipk of the Pre/2 version, the name and category of the patch (Browser, Mojo, Luna, Misc, etc.) and the version number of WebOS the patch worked on? I'll see if I can get it working.
    I cannot help with that, the info is gone but i would for sure throw you some bucks for doing this.
    Okey dokey, the patch is ready. Only problem is, i need the app to actually test it with :|
    I'm currently trying to extract the touchpad version and put it on my Pre3. I'm not really sure if it'll work, so if anyone has a Pre/2 and is willing to help please PM me.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for working on this! I need both the White Pages app and the patch for phone log integration.

Looking forward to your results!!
    Good news everyone! The version from the touchpad had both the Enyo and Mojo versions packaged, and so works on the Pre3 flawlessly.

I've managed to test it and it works just fine, but when I diff the files into a patch one of them refuses point blank to apply. Time to post asking for help on here and then go to bed methinks.
  11.    #11  
    Good news everyone! The version from the touchpad had both the Enyo and Mojo versions packaged, and so works on the Pre3 flawlessly.

I've managed to test it and it works just fine, but when I diff the files into a patch one of them refuses point blank to apply. Time to post asking for help on here and then go to bed methinks.
    Wow! Great to hear your making such good progress!!

Keep up the good work. We're rooting for you!!! (both of us )
    I've just been lazy and have not done the patch for the Pre 3. Got a cancer walk in the morning, so heading to bed early. I'll get this banged out tomorrow, really will not take long.

It going into the app catalog marked as available for the Pre 3, well, that's complicated but being worked on.
    Last edited by spdsktr; 10/28/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I requested that this come back to the pre 3 too but someone just said it was a junk app and not worth it.
    Who said it was a junk app? I'll go slap them.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

netwrkr9 likes this.
    Here's my version of the patch, i'm not sure as to the rules on posting app catalog apps (even free ones) so if anyone wants the app while it's not available on the catalog feel free to PM me.

I'm quite pleased with the result here, given that before i began i didn't know any mojo or enyo the Reverse Lookup item only appears for unknown numbers currently, but that can be changed upon request.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here's my version of the patch, i'm not sure as to the rules on posting app catalog apps (even free ones) so if anyone wants the app while it's not available on the catalog feel free to PM me.

I'm quite pleased with the result here, given that before i began i didn't know any mojo or enyo the Reverse Lookup item only appears for unknown numbers currently, but that can be changed upon request.
    Thanks. Just got home to work on this and you already have it. It needs to be tweaked to be an official version of the patch however.

Please do not send out the app. If anyone needs it, please PM me and I can send it out. It's a copyright thing. I am the developer of this app on behalf of WhitePages.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Happy to help, feel free to tweak away and release it officially and that's cool, i'll leave the distribution to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Thanks. Just got home to work on this and you already have it. It needs to be tweaked to be an official version of the patch however.

Please do not send out the app. If anyone needs it, please PM me and I can send it out. It's a copyright thing. I am the developer of this app on behalf of WhitePages.
    Spdsktr, is there anything any of us end-users can do to help you with finishing up the official White Pages App + Homebrew Patch for the AT&T Pre 3?
  18.    #18  
    Thanks to James Harris for emailing me the official WP app and to Shifty Axel for the reverse lookup patch! The app is working great. The patch is acting a little wonky. I'm gonna have to give it a few more tests and then post the behavior for the author to consider making some corrections.

But I'm really happy to back up and running with WP!!!!!!
    looking forward to it
  20.    #20  
    OK, finally have a couple minutes to provide some feedback re the reverse lookup patch for White Pages.

The problem I am having is with local numbers. In my call log, they do not include the area code (like out of area calls do). When I tap "reverse lookup" for the number, it launches WP just fine, but then it tries to put the 7 digit local number into the 10 digit space in the WP lookup screen and starts to search and obviously doesn't work.

For example, if the number is 765-4321, it gets dropped into WP as (765) 432-1 and is read as an incomplete phone number.

This wouldn't be a complete waste if I could edit the number in WP, but it doesn't seem to like me doing that. It took several tries of me tapping in the area code section and trying to change it before I realized all it would let me do is erase the whole number from right to left and reenter. Kinda defeats the purpose of this thing being automated.

Would really appreciate it if the patch could read and add the area code for local calls so WP could automatically do its magic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast