Hey guys, been a long time lurker on the forums. Finally decided to join after taking the plunge on my Pre3. (I'm in the USA)
Bought my Pre3 from a seller on Amazon for a pretty good price. $230 total shipped.
I've got the 16GB ATT version. It came with the unlock code. (more on that later)
I ported my number from Sprint to H20 Wireless and here are the steps that I took so this will hopefully clear up some of the questions. I've read most of the threads about it and they weren't too clear but had bits and pieces of useful info. Here goes....
These were the steps that I took not sure if it was the most efficient, but hey my phone is working now.
1. Bought Pre3 from Amazon
2. Bought H2O Unlimited Wireless Starter Kit from Best Buy for $9.99
3. Created an account on H2O's website.
4. Filled in the Port Number form on H2O's website.
5. Waited about 2-3 hours and it went through.
6. Next you have to call H2O customer service to add minutes to your plan. Be prepared to wait. But it wasn't too bad. I got through in about 15-20 mins. BTW H2O cust. phone svc closes at midnight Eastern time. I called at like 10pm and got someone right away.
7. Once they've added minutes and charged your credit card you are good to go.
8. I was able to sync and put my webOS account on the phone and I'm getting HSPA+ evident by the H+ icon.
A. there are multiples of some apps like youtube which I don't know how to delete.
B. The phone never asked for an unlocked code, even though I have one so....not sure what the deal is there.
C. Haven't tried to go to developer mode, but I don't think it is necessary, at least for now.
So far so good. I've had it up and running for a few hours now so I can post an update if people need. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence. Ask away and I'll see if I can answer questions. Cheers!