Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By TableTopFreak
  • 1 Post By carldc
  • 1 Post By checkmate
  • 1 Post By maqk
  1.    #1  
    How many times have you been asked "what kind of phone is that?". Would love to hear your stories...
    people ask me 'what kind of phone is that'

i don't even really bother telling them exactly what it is. i just keep doing what i'm doing and kinda spit out 'it's a cool iphone..'
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

"something you cant have"
    "something you will probably never see again"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    don't ignore the people who ask , they should be informed since palm, sprint ,and HP couldn't seem to get the word out
    It's happened a few times. I tell them what it is, just so they an see there are options out there other than iOS and Android. HP incompetence aside at least...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTopFreak View Post
    don't ignore the people who ask , they should be informed since palm, sprint ,and HP couldn't seem to get the word out
    informed? informed of what?

i'm not going to bring it up and talk about. most people wouldn't care an ounce if i tried to explain what webos is, why it's cool, and that it has no future.

it's not fair of me to attempt to sell a product that is essentially dead. it's not my product, it's my tool. if hp / palm can't do well enough job selling it, that's not my problem.

my feeling is the operating system sells itself. if the person wants to know more, they will ask more. but a simple 'what is that' question? please. that's a sentense long answer.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    [whisper] "Shhhh. This phone doesn't really exist!"
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    TableTopFreak likes this.
    I tell them I got it for free from someone high up at HP (true)

but then I also take out my TouchPad and tell them how it connects, the messaging, TTS. Most people are like "Why would they stop making those?!"
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    iphone 5 with ios 10
    I get it a lot. A couple of people have said "I want your phone" in a jealous voice!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    jc-Treo likes this.
    "a Palm Pilot"
    iowahawk19 likes this.
    I actually sold my Pre2 and Pre Plus to help pay for my Pre3. The person who bought the Pre Plus actually ended up getting a Pre3 for $250 and is using it on T-Mobile.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I can proudly say that because of me 3 of my colleagues bought the pre3 and they are in love with the phone's UI and keyboard as well as a whopping 6 ppl who have bought TPs after watching me dual boot android and watching flash videos and flicking cards away in webos, I should get an award from HP :P
    When I had a treo 650/700p people would ask me on a very regular basis: "What is that thing?", "OMG is that your phone?!", "what do you do with that thing?" lol I remember when no one had a smart phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    When I had a treo 650/700p people would ask me on a very regular basis: "What is that thing?", "OMG is that your phone?!", "what do you do with that thing?" lol I remember when no one had a smart phone.
    Treo? Pfft. Try walking around with a Handspring Visor Prism with a VisorPhone Springboard module. If ever there was a freak phone that got a lot of crazy looks, that was it. Even better was when I would clip it onto my foldout keyboard during class to take notes and send SMS messages. Many truly dumbstruck expressions in that circa 2000 era.

handspring visorphone - Google Search
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Treo? Pfft. Try walking around with a Handspring Visor Prism with a VisorPhone Springboard module. If ever there was a freak phone that got a lot of crazy looks, that was it. Even better was when I would clip it onto my foldout keyboard during class to take notes and send SMS messages. Many truly dumbstruck expressions in that circa 2000 era.

handspring visorphone - Google Search
    Handspring, neon. :-)
    I still get comments on the design on my Pixi
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    meh, not really asked about the phone..my touchpad on the other hand... "is that an ipad" even after i tell them what it is...they are still like, let me see your ipad. there is no such thing as a 'tablet' it's an 'ipad', our modern day xerox/kleenex
    people never seemed to notice the pixi very much, but i've had clients at my desk ask me what the deal was w/ my pre+ and pre2. due to the heat of the phone, I leave the kb open when it's on the touchstone and provide non-government-monitored internet connection for co-workers.

next friday will be a sad day for them.