Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Gman1113
  • 1 Post By Thundar
  1.    #1  
    So I just got my wife a pre 3 that arrived yesterday. She upgraded from a pixie. I have an iphone 4s and a veer for work. I gotta say the pre 3 is awesome! I almost kept it and gave her the veer. The 3 is super fast and has a great screen. HP should have released this phone first. All I can say is wow. I'm gonna get one to replace the veer. I really hope someone / HP continues to support webOS. If anyone is wondering if you should get this phone ... Get it!!! You will not be disappointed. Thanks to the community for all you do. Please keep up the good work and keep writing patches for the pre3.
    I agree....just 48 hours into my Pre3 experience and really enjoying it. I'm coming from a Pre- so the increased size and speed is exactly what I was hoping for and really shows off what webOS could have been. I have not been into patches and overclocking, so my Pre- was obviously basic, so even more nice to have this really nice webOS experience. Just 48 hours, so maybe I'll think differently in a week, but for now, all I can say is "cool".
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Got mine yesterday, and I wholeheartedly agree. THIS IS WHAT WE WERE WAITING FOR ... FIRST. I promptly went to the HP website and sent a message to the CEO to plead with them to keep it alive.

I got mine as an international phone, but I am so impressed that I'm going to ditch my EVO on Sprint and port my number over to the dreaded AT&T. Preliminary tests with the prepaid PayGo SIM card have shown me that I have good coverage in the main areas I need.
    pre4 likes this.
    I had a pre 2 and ditched it for the veer. Personal preference
    I had a pre 3 and ditched it for the veer. Personal preference
    I ditched Sprint and went to at&t because I purchased a Pre 3, awesome phone and it's a shame that it was never released. I looked at the Veer, screen is too damn small for viewing the internet and I prefer the larger keyboard of the Pre 3. I have been using at&t now for 3 weeks and so far I have no complaints.
    I've used it for 3 days now... Really like it even though still struggle to find the right app to make it work the way I like. But the screen, the keyboard and the OS are absolutely gorgeous. It's really a shame that HP gave up the fight without entering the ring. While it is not going to outsell iphone, it would definitely be a solid choices in the market and should do well.
    Agree with all comments. I was very happy with my Pre-, but just wanted it to be faster and have a little bigger screen (but not tooo much bigger), and the bigger keyboard is welcome as well. Since I didn't ever do patches, just having the ability to customize the launcher screens (names and adding more screens) is very new to me. Also, kind of cool to finally be able to receive my texts on my TP. So, a great experience so far.....fingers crossed.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I am ecstatic about this phone! I think it's MILES better then the original Pre (never owned the pre2) .. but seriously, wow!

The feel of it - is just SOLID and the screen is just fantastic. I feel it's definitely on par as the same type of quality one would get from HTC or Apple. On top of that the OS is just slick as hell. It's very smooth.

Very happy I went and picked up this phone (that i'm actually only using as a skype phone)
    I so want a VZW Pre3

HP
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    I so want a VZW Pre3

HP
    You can get one on eBay. They're expensive, but there are a few there!
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    You can get one on eBay. They're expensive, but there are a few there!
    If I had the cash I would but I can't drop $500+ on one when I can get the Pre2 for around $400 less. So instead I'll **** and moan.

Just still bummed. I was so waiting for the Pre3 and everything was perfect. My contract ended on Oct. 13th just in time for the Pre3 release.
    Go BBX quarter 1 you wont be sorry!
    If I had the cash I would but I can't drop $500+ on one when I can get the Pre2 for around $400 less. So instead I'll **** and moan.

Just still bummed. I was so waiting for the Pre3 and everything was perfect. My contract ended on Oct. 13th just in time for the Pre3 release.
    I agree. I'm really bummed as well. My GF actually was sad for me because I've been checking P|C for news so long on a Sprint Pre 3 and I kept holding out hope. While I still hold out hope for webOS, I'm just upset about what has happened. I really love this OS.

In the meantime, I've purchased an ATT Pre 3 on Ebay and will be activating that for a little bit to see what could have been. I'm also thinking about picking up one of each webOS phone to make a little memorial shrine of webOS-y goodness.

If you can (and are willing to switch carriers), you could try a Pre 3 on ATT. They are much less expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I agree. I'm really bummed as well. My GF actually was sad for me because I've been checking P|C for news so long on a Sprint Pre 3 and I kept holding out hope. While I still hold out hope for webOS, I'm just upset about what has happened. I really love this OS.

In the meantime, I've purchased an ATT Pre 3 on Ebay and will be activating that for a little bit to see what could have been. I'm also thinking about picking up one of each webOS phone to make a little memorial shrine of webOS-y goodness.

If you can (and are willing to switch carriers), you could try a Pre 3 on ATT. They are much less expensive.
    I agree the purchase price is less but I don't want to switch as I now have been grandfathered in on unlimited data.

I'm holding out in hopes that a VZW Pre3 drops in price. We'll see.
    I agree the purchase price is less but I don't want to switch as I now have been grandfathered in on unlimited data.

I'm holding out in hopes that a VZW Pre3 drops in price. We'll see.
    Ah, fair enough. Unlimited data would be enough to keep me on a carrier too... and it has. Damn you, Sprint. lol.