1.    #1  
    Pre 3 - day 1

Youtube in the browser is not working as I would expect it to, hope someone here may have the answer.

Any links to videos that I click on do not take me to the page for that video (with comments and related videos, you know the usual desktop page), instead it always launches the youtube app.

If I go to my own channel page I can actually watch the video directly in the browser but can't go fullscreen or anything. Is this flash or html5 video here?

I assumed that having flash on the HP pre3 would allow me to just experience youtube in exactly the same way as on a normal pc?

Is this how it's supposed to be? Or does anyone have a workaround so that I can have the full desktop experience on my pre3?

Android users can access youtube as the full version, I will be slightly gutted if I can't on my shiny new pre3.

Anyone?
    If you open the YouTube app and scroll to the bottom of the page there is a "desktop" link and this will take you to the full version of YouTube

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm pretty sure that's what he is referring to. He was actually on the desktop site. I find this annoying my self. Every time I'm on the desktop site and try to watch a video, it sends me to the YouTube app.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylou78 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's what he is referring to. He was actually on the desktop site. I find this annoying my self. Every time I'm on the desktop site and try to watch a video, it sends me to the YouTube app.
    Yes crazylou78 that's it. OK so guess I'm not the only one then, it is very annoying.

Has anyone managed to get any flash videos to play fullscreen? As soon as I click fullscreen on a flash video (iPlayer, live footballl etc) it does not go fullscreen and then it just ignores any further touches. Clicking the stop/refresh browser icon allows me to regain control.

This is quite frustrating as flash videos appear to play very smoothly, albeit very small, so the Pre 3 is more than capable of handling this content.

Anyone found a workaround/patch to fix this behaviour?