Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    So if I buy a Verizon Pre3 and activate it the information should transfer from my Verizon Pre2 right? Or do I have to do something else. Just want to be sure. I also have Touchpad and loving it! I want "sms" and touch to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    So if I buy a Verizon Pre3 and activate it the information should transfer from my Verizon Pre2 right? Or do I have to do something else. Just want to be sure. I also have Touchpad and loving it! I want "sms" and touch to share.
    I went from a Pre- to Pre3 just last night via AT&T and had no problems. I literally did not do anything with the Pre3 (didn't even turn it on, I know, likely over cautious) until I had the Sim Card installed at AT&T and once I had a signal, I answered a few questions, put in my Profile email and password, and BAM, everything transferred over without a hitch. I'm still waiting for something bad to happen as it went way too smoothly.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Your online profile will transfer and your old Pre will lose you Palm Profile.

Your Palm Profile does NOT include stuff like custom ring tones, photos, music, data entered into programs, scores, etc. Those items live on your USB partition and need to be manually transferred.

And if you use Preware and/or WOSQI, it opens up another set of patches and other items that won't be part of that profile. The good news is that also opens up more solutions to get your items to your new phone.