1.    #1  
    So I was so excited to get a Pre3 for SMS sharing... it's only been a few days, but so far I am underwhelmed. I guess the most disappointing thing is the "You have 1 MMS on your phone" message.

I am sure I will use it more as time goes on when sitting around the house, or when I am giving the TP a lil heavier use (haven't used it a whole lot the last few days).

Anyone else feel the same?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yep. Same goes for touch-to-share...yawn.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I get the full message on the touchpad.
    Do you not get that?

I like it myself
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Maybe because I don't use MMS, I don't really find it an issue. Works really well with my newly acquired TouchPad keyboard.

As for Touch-to-Share, I actually used it practically once. Was reading up on recipes on the way home, found a good one, went home and tapped my Pre 3 onto my tablet. Then put my TouchPad up and it was my cookbook for dinner.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I get the full message on the touchpad.
    Do you not get that?

I like it myself
    You are having MMS (picture message for example), pushed to your TP? I have at least 2 instances of it giving me the message that I had an MMS on the phone, both in the same night, added to my disappointment of the feature being 2 within like an hour 2nd day I had the Pre3.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Maybe because I don't use MMS, I don't really find it an issue. Works really well with my newly acquired TouchPad keyboard.

As for Touch-to-Share, I actually used it practically once. Was reading up on recipes on the way home, found a good one, went home and tapped my Pre 3 onto my tablet. Then put my TouchPad up and it was my cookbook for dinner.
    Yeah I think if I was using the TP with keyboard the SMS would be much better. I wouldn't say I MMS a lot, but I've got a couple buddies that randomly send me an MMS. 1 of em probably a few times a week, so if I'm sitting on the couch with TP, phone is on TS on entertainment center I have to get up to check my phone.

I could see my main practical use of TTS being the recipe scenario as well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sms /= mms
    I use the sms to touchpad feature almost every day. i use my touchpad to take notes in class so it is absolutely incredible for me to be able to text people if it is important without being rude to the professor. i love it.

never experienced getting a mms yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So I was so excited to get a Pre3 for SMS sharing... it's only been a few days, but so far I am underwhelmed. I guess the most disappointing thing is the "You have 1 MMS on your phone" message.

I am sure I will use it more as time goes on when sitting around the house, or when I am giving the TP a lil heavier use (haven't used it a whole lot the last few days).

Anyone else feel the same?
    I'd have to agree with you! If they can use bluetooth for voice audio, they can easily send a small MMS picture across to the TouchPad. I think they just haven't implemented it to its full potential yet, but I agree 100%, that needs to get added hands down! My Touch-to-Share is often qwerky. I can get the ripple and sound every time but seems half the time, no browser ever launches on the touchpad when I have one open on my Pre3 trying to send. Haven't figured out if its related to other open cards on the TouchPad or what.. but sorta annoying.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah I haven't even attempted TTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You sound like a commercial.
    And if Palm's commercials were like this we wouldn't be where we are today.
    for me TTS seems to has been improved in 3.0.4

i think its cool that i could send stuff from phone to TP or TP to phone but i haven't had any real use yet really.

i think the whole TTS feature was going to become more useful once more applications began using it, like sending gps coordinates or something. not sure what the future holds now though.
    i love the sms feature.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    What bothers me most of all with the SMS sharing is having to mark things read on both devices. I'm logged into the same Palm Profile on both devices, they should be able to communicate states (This goes the same for Twitter on both, emails on both, IMs, etc.)

Touch to Share is a whole other story, because apparently going phone to TP it doesn't share the active card, only the most recent one you opened, and it's so ridiculously slow that it's not worth it. I mean, I put the phone on the Touchpad, and then the fastest I've ever seen it is that I wait 15 seconds or so for it to be recognized and give the wavey feedback on the TP screen, and then another 15 seconds for the browser to open and load the page. Often it's even slower than that.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    What bothers me most of all with the SMS sharing is having to mark things read on both devices. I'm logged into the same Palm Profile on both devices, they should be able to communicate states (This goes the same for Twitter on both, emails on both, IMs, etc.)
    This too.... at least when Graphite hits, if you use Graphite and Carbon it is supposed to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This too.... at least when Graphite hits, if you use Graphite and Carbon it is supposed to do this.
    Yeah, part of why I'm eagerly awaiting Graphite, but it doesn't help for everything else.

I think TTS would be more useful too if my Touchpad was the main device I used at home. I just don't find it capable enough to use as my main system when I'm at my desk at home, and so I don't really care to open websites on the Touchpad, instead wanting to open them on my laptop. If the Touchpad was good enough where I could use it completely instead of a laptop, then I could see myself using TTS way more often. (And to be honest, if I was HP, I'd have eventually built TTS into their PC monitors too...)
  16.    #16  
    TTS on desktops would have been awesome.... ohhh what could have been, freakin Leo, wish they woulda kept Hurd around...