Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hagster
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi all has anyone else found the pre 3 shows a poor network signal, tried 3 different sim cards all the same only get a 3 bar signal, and Is there any way to strengthen it .I am in the UK . Many thanks
    I get full bars all the time but I am in Hong Kong

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Four bars in the UK on vodafone.

I would of thought i would of noticed if it never got the full 5 bars.
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi - I am on Vodafone (UK) and also find on my Pre 3 that it's not as good as getting a signal as my previous -non smart phone!

It rarely gets above 3 bars, and often seems to be searching for a signal in places that I have not have trouble before with my old phone - even at home.

Thought it was just my phone. . . .
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    I'm in the UK and do not have these problems, always got full signal at work and outside. At home it's slightly less, say about 3 or 4 bars. Works absolutely fine for me. I'm on O2, got the phone with Vodafone originally and that was fine also...
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    I'm on verizon, and I actually see a slight improvement over my pre2 and pre plus
    Bars are a meaningless measurement. You can't use them to compare phones.

Manufacturers can calibrate these to mean anything. Even the total number of bars is a convention not a rule.

Example. Apple solved antennagate by simply redefining the calibration of the bars in a software update.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I've noticed that it often takes a while to re-find the signal. If the signal drops, as it does when I walk down the corridor between my office and my lab, where in both locations I have signal, then it takes ages to come back to having any signal. A quick swipe of the menu and reselecting "only 2G", "only 3g" etc, whatever you were using before (it doesn't seem to matter) then the phone instantly finds the signal again...