Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    Well....my Pre 3 came in this afternoon and got all set up down at AT&T and so far (fingers crossed) all is working well. Apps transferred over, bluetooth hooked up in the car, google contacts and calendar synced, internet working, wi-fi up and running....the only thing I'm having a little problem with is the bluetooth hooking up to my TP. Any suggestions on that appreciated, but will continue to play around with that. Oh....the phone works too
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    updates
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    .the only thing I'm having a little problem with is the bluetooth hooking up to my TP. Any suggestions on that appreciated, but will continue to play around with that. Oh....the phone works too
    To pair your Pre3 with your TouchPad? Use Touch-To-Share. Just put the HP logo on the back of the Pre3 over your TouchPad's home button. Voila. Could NOT be any simpler.

... Ok, you have to turn Bluetooth on, but it will tell you to do that.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    ...Voila...
    I'm so proud of you for not spelling it viola, and for using it correctly. It's been hurting my french genes everytime I saw mangled.

I didn't have a problem connecting the pre3 to my TP, but I do find TTS is flaky at best. Sometimes it works when the phone gets close to the TP but doesn't even touch, sometimes it doesn't work even when I bang them together 10 times.

But mostly I can't think of a time when I would really need to use it. But it's a cool enough concept that I want to find excuses to at least try it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Welcome!

To pair your Pre3 with your TouchPad? Use Touch-To-Share. Just put the HP logo on the back of the Pre3 over your TouchPad's home button. Voila. Could NOT be any simpler.

... Ok, you have to turn Bluetooth on, but it will tell you to do that.
    Yup....it was that simple....touch and go! I mean, "Voila". And texts do move from my Pre 3 over to my TP. Very nice.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    I'm so proud of you for not spelling it viola, and for using it correctly. It's been hurting my french genes everytime I saw mangled.

I didn't have a problem connecting the pre3 to my TP, but I do find TTS is flaky at best. Sometimes it works when the phone gets close to the TP but doesn't even touch, sometimes it doesn't work even when I bang them together 10 times.

But mostly I can't think of a time when I would really need to use it. But it's a cool enough concept that I want to find excuses to at least try it.
    Must be all of those mandatory French classes growing up in Ontario. Isn't a viola a small violin-like instrument?

I use TTS when my wife and I are surfing in bed trying to find a place to go out for dinner for example. She'll be on the TouchPad and I'll be on the Pre 3, and we can easily use TTS to share findings. On occasion I'll also use it to "blow up" a website I thought was too small to read/appreciate on the Pre 3.

It's too bad that is the extent of what HP/Palm has done with TTS. This type of NFC is going to blow up over the next couple of years that it's a shame if can't do other things based on whatever application you have open. Some examples:
    - Share a contact if the contact app is active
    - Share music/picture/video/files if one of those apps/files is active
    - Launch a program based on the TTS
    - Activate a different game mode for some crafty game that could be played on both

But you're right, as it is it's a cool feature to show off, a lukewarm feature to actually use regularly. It can be a little inconsistent.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Welcome to the very exclusive Pre 3 club. It Is sooo cool sit in the airport terminal and not have a phone like everyone else's
    pre4 likes this.