Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    {}
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 03/12/2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Really, really strong.
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    yep thought the same thing about mine when i got it. not quite as strong now but it was pretty pungent when i opened it. Its kind of like the smell of solder.
    I love the smell of new electronics and the pre3 definitely had a freshly fabricated smell. I sniff it at least once or twice a day.
    tchpd1.5 likes this.
    GFN, stop keeping your phone in your back pocket when you are going commando...
    GuyFromNam and laoh like this.
    What, no pull my slider jokes?
    andyt95 and Cantaffordit like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugdr View Post
    yep thought the same thing about mine when i got it. not quite as strong now but it was pretty pungent when i opened it. Its kind of like the smell of solder.
    I thought it smelled more plasticy, like the soft touch plastic.

The Veer was too small to be smelled so maybe it had the same smell and I never noticed it. The Pre3 is 3 times the size of the Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Smells like a combination of wave solder and ABS plastic, which surprisingly has a pungent odoriferous emanation lol...
    Smells heavenly every time I pick it up and use it
    ummm, who snjff tests their electronic devices anyway, is this a new thing? Or does it smell that bad, that you can't avoid smelling it?

my touchpad smells like a window.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    ummm, who snjff tests their electronic devices anyway, is this a new thing? Or does it smell that bad, that you can't avoid smelling it?

my touchpad smells like a window.
    Yes but does it smell like a window that you had to open for some reason?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Yea, mine does too. I had been wondering if that was normal.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    my Pre3 smells bad too. I'm in prison though.... shoulda bought a Veer!
    Stop using it in the bathroom. Problem solved

that smell isn't the pre 3, it's the smell of HP repeatedly ........ how do i keep this clean ........... performing an action that would somehow make your behind smell like spring roses!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    It's just the volatile organics from the manufacturing which haven't dissipated yet.
    yes it really seem they used a lot more flexibilizer for the rubber coating of the Pre 3 than in any other phone i owned before. Don't want to think about the poor people putting the parts together for this phone in asia...
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Mine just smells of awesome.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Mine smells too. Not sure why.
    It was since I opened up the package. But after time, it disappears. :=P
    How about other pres? pre 2, veer?
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Mine did initially, not anymore (had it for about a month). However, when I remove the back cover, I get a waft of it again, think it smells good though!
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast