Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CooLOnE
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been asked; not sure if Communities' search is working/accurate or not. My Pre3 is reporting there is a software update to 2.2.3 2207. Is this old? Has anyone else installed it? Notable changes good or bad?

I last doctored a few days who, but didn't think to run System Updates as 2.2.3 is the latest version. This just seems like a build update, not even a point release. Do it?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  2.    #2  
    I installed the update. Patches and kernel kept working fine. One exception: it loaded the AT&T bloatware I removed from my Meta-Doctor. BALLS. :-P

Oh well, guess I'll just move it all to my crap launcher tab and forget about it.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Mine is an unlocked pre3 (uk model) and stills at version 2.2.0 build 3171.
    So, if there is a >2.2.0 build why I didn't received yet? Any thoughts?
    Is there any significant changes from 2.2.0 to 2.2.3?

Thx!
    Pedro
  4.    #4  
    It's an AT&T push that shoved on their bloatware. After some review, I don't like it and will doctor back to my clean no-bloat 2.2.3. For whatever reason, my now updated Pre3 is virtually pinned at 1.4 GHz according to Govnah, and power consumption is triple what I had prior to the update at idle.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    2.2.3 is to date only avail in US not EU.

WebOS Doctor Versions
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I updated my AT&T unlocked Pre3 to 2.2.3 via WebOS Doctor and I noticed power consumption seems to have increased. It does seem faster though. The Govnah reports variable speeds depending on what profile I have set and is not locked to 1.4 GHz. I usually have a Custom 768 MHz minimum screen off set. Memory/Swap seems to be utilized better as well. And finally, yep.....more AT&T stuff on it.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    webosinternals have been working on a metadoctor to also allow the non AT&T/Verizon Pre 3 to be updated to 2.2.3?

What does 2.2.3 offer more? Is there a changelog? I.e. should I upgrade or just stay on 2.2.0?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Grrr, this forum is becoming almost as unreliable as the future of webOS. Sorry for the doublepost.
    Last edited by spud101; 11/01/2011 at 04:28 AM.
    I'm interested too, as I've been reading about that 2.2.3 version out for the Veer. But I'm unsure now, as I don't know about the differences from my 2.2.0, and you just mention bloatware and power drain...

Are the webos-internals guys preparing a metadoctor, in order to have 2.2.3 on unlocked Pre 3? As the list shows, only Verizon and AT&T have it.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    What kind of bloatware is it trying to add? I just got the notification myself... And I'm already not impressed with battery life as it is, couldn't imagine it draining faster... I'm still in between my Pre- on Sprint and a full commitment to my Pre3 on AT&T, so any information would be helpful...
    Paul_D likes this.
    I don't see an addition of any more AT&T "stuff", but the battery is draining faster. My Pre Plus' battery held up better.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums