1.    #1  
    I had bought the TouchPad a couple of weeks back and really liked WebOS on it. So I started searching for a Pre 3 locally and found one an unlocked AT&T unit $240. Bought it yesterday.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and have used the Nokia N9 as well as the HTC Sensation XE in the past couple of weeks. Though I was excited about getting the Pre 3, my initial 24 hours with it haven't really made me like the device much:

1) The device can get pretty slow- At times, when its receiving a new email from my GMail account, nothing works. I can't slide an older email t delete or tap on one to read. Only after it is finished getting the new emails, does the device become responsive

2) The lack of an onscreen keyboard makes it hard for me to quickly answer to a text, chat or email. The slider is a bit on the hard side and doesn't open (yet) with one hand so I have to use both hands

3) The keyboard is not even close to the BlackBerry Bold 9900 keyboard!

4) After not receiving any chat messages from GoogleTalk, I realized that I was logged out by the chat client. Had to manually log back in.

These are just some of the issues I've faced in the first 24 hours- definitely not pleasent experiences. I'll give the phone a few more days to see if it "settles."
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaffarali View Post
    1) The device can get pretty slow
    I have bought a Pre 3, too, after being very impressed by my TouchPad (and first webOS device). But to me my Pre 3 seems to be much faster than the TouchPad, especially the browser and PFD reader.

2) The lack of an onscreen keyboard makes it hard for me to quickly answer to a text, chat or email.
    I have to agree. My previous phone (which is waiting for the result of my Pre 3 evaluation period ^^) was an iPhone 4 - using the onscreen keyboard is much faster for me than using the Pre's hardware keyboard. But AFAIR there is a patch in Preware for supplying an onscreen keyboard on the phone.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I can't comment on all your points, as I have a Pre-, but...

Having extensively used a BlackBerry (8900) keyboard, and the KB on the Pre- and Veer, I very much prefer the Palm/HP keyboards to the BB ones. They just feel nicer to me, so I guess neither keyboard is objectively better, and its all down to taste.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    I had bought the TouchPad a couple of weeks back and really liked WebOS on it. So I started searching for a Pre 3 locally and found one an unlocked AT&T unit $240. Bought it yesterday.

I'm coming from an iPhone 4 and a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and have used the Nokia N9 as well as the HTC Sensation XE in the past couple of weeks. Though I was excited about getting the Pre 3, my initial 24 hours with it haven't really made me like the device much:

1) The device can get pretty slow- At times, when its receiving a new email from my GMail account, nothing works. I can't slide an older email t delete or tap on one to read. Only after it is finished getting the new emails, does the device become responsive

2) The lack of an onscreen keyboard makes it hard for me to quickly answer to a text, chat or email. The slider is a bit on the hard side and doesn't open (yet) with one hand so I have to use both hands

4) After not receiving any chat messages from GoogleTalk, I realized that I was logged out by the chat client. Had to manually log back in.

These are just some of the issues I've faced in the first 24 hours- definitely not pleasent experiences. I'll give the phone a few more days to see if it "settles."
    Having the same issues as you on points 1, 2, and 4.

Phone bogs down, swiping back on the bottom doesn't respond half the time, getting auto logged out of skype, and no virtual keyboard for quick replies.