1.    #1  
    I have a question: I have activation my ATT Pre 3 with "VN (Vietnam)" code. how i can change to US app catalog to buy paid app? Thank you so much!
    Contact HP support.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    I have chat with HP support, they told me must use US SIM Card with data connection for activation, It's impossible with me , they told they can't change my device account to US for access paid apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hytl View Post
    As the first post in that thread clearly states, that procedure only works for a device that has never before logged into a palm profile. This is not the case for this question, so it will not work.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I have the same problem, then how to fix it?
    Just read through "http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/281075-global-paid-app-catalog-access-new-unlocked-gsm-pre-2-pre-3-veer-using-impostah.html#post2945170"
    but don't do anything yet!
    launch pre3's backup and back up now!
    Now install impostah then go to activation and select U.S./ english.
    Create a New Profile account in impostah; this email must be existing prior to running impostah. This will NOT wipe out your phone's data.
    Launch HP app catalog and see if paid apps are displayed.
    If it does, the next thing to do is backup all the phones data by login into your new email account from within Webos backup; HP may need you to verify the email account first. This is what did and i'm now able to buy webos apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As the first post in that thread clearly states, that procedure only works for a device that has never before logged into a palm profile. This is not the case for this question, so it will not work.

-- Rod
    Is this because HP tracks the device by IMEI or is there some other magic at work here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is this because HP tracks the device by IMEI or is there some other magic at work here?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    HP support is the only solution... Spent 1h30 on the phone with them so they could change my country to the US catalogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    HP support is the only solution... Spent 1h30 on the phone with them so they could change my country to the US catalogue.
    If you can create a new profile, and have a TouchPad, there is a second option:

1) Create a *new* profile on the TouchPad, selecting the app catalog country of your choice. It has to be a new profile, you can't use this to change an existing profile.

2) Log in to that new profile on your phone.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    If you can create a new profile, and have a TouchPad, there is a second option:

1) Create a *new* profile on the TouchPad, selecting the app catalog country of your choice. It has to be a new profile, you can't use this to change an existing profile.

2) Log in to that new profile on your phone.

-- Rod
    well, I tried that but it didn't work with me... Created the new profile, but could not pass the restore data when signing on my Pre 3, it was just stopping telling to try later. Hence I spent that time with the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    well, I tried that but it didn't work with me... Created the new profile, but could not pass the restore data when signing on my Pre 3, it was just stopping telling to try later. Hence I spent that time with the support.
    Turn off and erase backups on the TouchPad profile before logging in to it on the phone - then there is no data to restore.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Turn off and erase backups on the TouchPad profile before logging in to it on the phone - then there is no data to restore.

-- Rod
    darn... Should have thought about it!