Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. drich's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #1  
    any help to get the 'bible app' from You Version.com would be appreciated. I have it on the touchpad and it works fine. Every time I try to get it on the Pre3 the screen says

    The action could not be completed. try again later and puts up the caution triangle with the exclamation point in it (whatever that thing is called)
  2. gharlas's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by drich View Post
    any help to get the 'bible app' from You Version.com would be appreciated. I have it on the touchpad and it works fine. Every time I try to get it on the Pre3 the screen says

    The action could not be completed. try again later and puts up the caution triangle with the exclamation point in it (whatever that thing is called)
    Is there a you version that's for the TP? I have it on my Pre- and it's awesome, but I haven't seen one that goes full screen on my TP
  3. #3  
    there is a post somewhere about using impostah to get the bible app.. I think you use impostah, go to app catalog and input com.youversion.com

    and my TP has the full screen version
  4. #4  
    make that com.youversion.palm
  5. drich's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharlas View Post
    Is there a you version that's for the TP? I have it on my Pre- and it's awesome, but I haven't seen one that goes full screen on my TP
    it works full screen on the TP
  6. #6  
    I had that problem and did a reset on the Pre 3. The next time I went to download it worked fine. I had it on my PrePluss and full screen on the TouchPad!
  7. drich's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trumanisms View Post
    I had that problem and did a reset on the Pre 3. The next time I went to download it worked fine. I had it on my PrePluss and full screen on the TouchPad!

    tried it, didn't work for me :-(
  8. drich's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
       #8  
    installed Impostah from Preware
    opened app catalog in preware
    typed in .comyouversion.com
    presto-there it was

    worked like a charm

    so if you have Pre3 and want the bible app from YOuVersion that's how you get it.

    They also have NIV and NLT free offline downloads coming up on Oct.30/31 only.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by punyparker View Post
    I have a palm pre plus and everytime I select the app to view it in the App Catalog, it just stays there loading. Nothing happens and so I can't download it.
    you'll need to install Impostah, then go to app catalog inside Impostah and search: com.youversion.palm
  10. #10  
    I have the same problem on my Palm Pixi Plus, but I found a slight workaround.

    There's a beta version of the app in the App Catalog here. You can download it right from there

    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...sion.palm.beta

    It's pretty much the same app. It's a little buggy for me, but the "real" version was too...

    Other bugs e.g. (buttons not matching up on the home screen, not allowing me to scroll forward in the audio bibles, not going to the next chapter once the chapter ends in the audio bible) So if you have a way to fix these other problems, I would love to know.
  11. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skafrenzy5iron View Post
    I have the same problem on my Palm Pixi Plus, but I found a slight workaround.

    There's a beta version of the app in the App Catalog here. You can download it right from there

    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...sion.palm.beta

    It's pretty much the same app. It's a little buggy for me, but the "real" version was too...

    Other bugs e.g. (buttons not matching up on the home screen, not allowing me to scroll forward in the audio bibles, not going to the next chapter once the chapter ends in the audio bible) So if you have a way to fix these other problems, I would love to know.
    I tried this, but I cannot download it. The link seems to be dead
    I cannot download it from the app catalog either. Does anyone have the IPK file somewhere?
  12. #12  
    it was just a redirect to a website, and you should be able to hit the site directly now.
  13. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it was just a redirect to a website, and you should be able to hit the site directly now.
    Hm strange. When I open the link on my desktop it redirects to https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.beta&code=IL
    When I open it from my email on my Pre3 it opens with App Catalog and says: This is not a valid HP webOS application

    I also tried with Impostah.
    When I use com.youversion.palm it says: Service Error (installApp): undefined
    When I use com.youversion.palm.beta it says: Service Error (installApp): undefined
  14. #14  
    Sorry, I stumbled upon this forum trying to find a solution for my Palm Pixi Plus. I didn't realize it was in the Pre 3 section until now. Here are my screenshots of what comes up for me, and maybe you'll be able to find a work around using impostah downloading the file com.youversion.palm.beta
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. Jozz's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #15  
    Sadly I can't seem to get it working using Impostah:



    I used a proxy website (TheProxyFree: Visit websites via an anonymous proxy, bypass the firewall of your institution) and then I got this:



    I inserted my email adress, and received the email. But when openend the URL my phone still couldn't find the app.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I decided to do it another way. I downloaded YouVersion on the Touchpad. Then I extracted the files en copied them to my PC. I created an IPK with IPK-Packager. I used WebOS Quickinstall to install it on my phone. And now it's working OK.
    It took a while, but I'm happy now.
    Last edited by Jozz; 07/01/2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added more info
  16. #16  
    The app I had was called "Bible" and would launch You Version. For the past few months, it wouldn't get past the initial screen where you choose Bible, Profile, etc. I deleted it and planned to reinstall. When I typed Youversion in the app catalog, I got some slightly different looking icon but it's still called Bible. When I select it from the list, I get the spinning ring of perpetual motion....forever it seems. Well, I don't have until forever to load it on my phone, so I guess I'm stuck without You Version...bummer.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Posting Permissions