Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I don't even have a pre and I think I can see it now!
    I have a friend looking into what it might be and will update when I find out lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I have a friend looking into what it might be and will update when I find out lol
    You are a man of mystery!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Fellas -

I am an ophthalmologist working for industry (laser vision lasers). Infrared light is NOT visible by the human eye. Period. There is a near infrared part of the light spectrum that is closest to the vibrant visible red (710 to 750 nm) part of the visible spectrum but infrared light (NWIR near wavelength infrared, MWIR medium wavelength infrared and LWIR long wavelength infrared) is never visible to the human eye unaided. So... if you are human and if you are able to see it - it is not infrared. Just a fact.
    Yeah try telling that to andy

I still see it every now and then. Most often when I swap batteries when the battery still has a decent charge.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Yup...saw that on one of my Pre 3's as well, asked Twitter and Rod (webOSinternals) & Jay...but no one responded.

I was(still) hoping it was something to be accessed w/ Patches etc.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I tried it on someone's Pre 3 and nothing. Why dont I have super human powers? Why?

I want super human powers
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    I tried it on someone's Pre 3 and nothing. Why dont I have super human powers? Why?

I am sure you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You are a man of mystery!
    did you find anything out yet ?? Ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    This is one of the most funny threads I've met in a long time. It seems that some webOS users are INDEED special people... Now let me quote this:

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I have 2 AT&T Pre3s, one I use as a spare battery charger
    That explains it: The red light is your second Pre 3 complaining that you only use it as a dumb battery charger, which is very cruel!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

That explains it: The red light is your second Pre 3 complaining that you only use it as a dumb battery charger, which is very cruel!
    I would no doubt accept this as a perfectly good explanation were it not for the fact that with my superhuman powers I've seen my first Pre3 do it also.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    This is one of the most funny threads I've met in a long time. It seems that some webOS users are INDEED special people...
    Indeed! I particularly liked the tension that was built-up as professor X attempted to explain to the unwashed, arrogant mutants why they witnessed what they thought they witnessed.

Luckily, I have no anomalies here, because this clearly smells like baked enigma wrapped in paradox crust.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post

I've got 'em, and they're totally overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I would no doubt accept this as a perfectly good explanation were it not for the fact that with my superhuman powers I've seen my first Pre3 do it also.

I think its HAL incarnated

My AT&T Pre3 has no such light.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Not visible on my Pre3.

It's not uncommon for infrared LEDs to produce some visible red light. On infrared illuminators you especially see this when the intensity is turned up all the way. The visible part is, obviously, in the visible spectrum and not infrared, but that doesn't mean that it is not being produced by an IR LED. Just that the frequency range of the IR LED is not as tight as you might think. The visible component is much lower intensity than the IR component.

It's possible that the IR LEDs used for the proximity sensor are not exactly the same in all models. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this is more likely than the hypothesis that some Pre3 owners have superhuman sensory abilities....
    i don't see the light either !! Does this mean I'm going to hell ?? O_o lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    brum likes this.
  17.    #37  
    I think the light is an easter egg from HP and if you log in to your Palm Profile within 3 minutes of seeing the light you get a $10 App Catalog credit.

brum likes this.
    So I think I figured out what causes this. There was no light on mine previous to using the webOS doctor. After I had to doctor, the light appeared. It appears something in the 2.2.3 webOS doctor made this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by roneyii View Post
    I've been wondering about this since the first day I got my Pre3.
    Glad enough of them are out now that other people have seen it too.

Maybe we're not Human...
    Well... you are using a phone that was never intended for human hands - at least according to the masters of the frequency spectrum... LOL
    kill_dano likes this.
    I had it today after removing the battery for some moments on my Pre3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast