1.    #1  
    HELP!!!!

My profile is totally messed up on my Pre 3, I Can't use my profile anymore, says restore profile error. When I log on the hpwebos.com/account, he OS version for the Pre 3 is 9.9.9. The problem started when I switched the European files with the AT&T file the webOS doctor to get Skype.

Please HELP!!!
    I got the same problem. I followed this guide and I got mine back to 2.2.0

Pre 3 Impersonation - WebOS Internals

Read the guide carefully, especially where it says the token and unlock value at the end. Good luck.
  3.    #3  

Read the guide carefully, especially where it says the token and unlock value at the end. Good luck.
    thanks man, I'll try it tonight after work for sure.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hytl View Post

was your Pre 3 an unlocked AT&T Pre 3 as well?
  5.    #5  
    Worked thanks
    Yes mine was an unlocked AT&T Pre 3 as well. I'm glad it worked for you and the best part of this guide is it comes with Skype built in.
  7.    #7  
    Has it had any side effect, I'm not able to turn the phone on with the slider anymore.
    Mine is working perfectly. Make sure you reflash the original EU firmware after you flashed the custome build one.
  9.    #9  
    Yup, I am now thinking of flashing back to the at&t doctor
    Did you manage to get back to the AT&T doctor after? mine cannot doctor it anymore. It seems that the only doctor work now is only the UK one that meta-doctor has downloaded, nothing else seem to work anymore.

In my case it has the following side-effects:
    - Unable to connect to 3G (only E and G work and speed goes up to maximum 120kpbs and upload test fails most of the time with Ping times over 800ms)
    - location services are not working for the map program and only works intermittently in other programs, seems to have broken the GPS also

Everything else seem to work for me, including being able to sign into my webOS account and backup and restore properly.
    If I doctored the phone with the new webosdoctor 2.2.4 will the problem will be solved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niben View Post
    If I doctored the phone with the new webosdoctor 2.2.4 will the problem will be solved?
    I use UK files into ATT's doctor 2.2.3, but can't restore my profile with the same settings in 2.2.4. I install the pure AT&T and registered with a new webOS account / profile, but the OS version is still 9.9.9... but there is no problem to the system.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    I use UK files into ATT's doctor
    Mixing base doctor and carrier files will always result in a 9.9.9 profile.

Don't do it. There are meta-doctor scripts which do it properly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals