1.    #1  
    Hello-

So I got my Pre 3 and it's an unlocked AT&T running 2.2. I want to put Skype and from reading in the forums, this is possible by doctoring the device to 2.2.3

I have managed to find the link for the AT&T 2.2.3 doctor and am currently downloading this 222MB file on my computer. But what exactly is doctor? Is it like a restore for your device? Also, do I run it from my Mac after it has finished downloading? Sorry, but first time WebOS owner!
    A doctor is someone you go to when you feel sick and need something to make you all better!

SORRY...couldn't help myself.
    BUT the webOS doctor is the same concept. If you have a Pre3 that is not functioning properly, buggy, slow or just dead so you think, then you can plug it into your PC to perform a webOS doctor. This will put the phone back to its factory working state. Then you sign back into your Palm Profile, and all your backup contacts and apps, memos, etc (anything managed by your profile) will be restored. Then you just relink your other synergy accounts and you're good to go.

Hard to brick this phone, just doctor it if you feel something is wrong, and it will be like you are pulling the phone out of the box for the first time. The only difference is the webOS doctor will NOT delete files off the USB drive unless you erase it first. If you ever have a problem with the doctoring process I have found that if you will do a full erase first you can sometimes get everything flowing again. Just make sure to manually back your files up first.

ALWAYS back your files up first no matter what anyways.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Jeremy! That is certainly very helpful information
    Question?

Can you not just run the update app on the Pre3 and get to that version easily? Don't have aPre 3 so not sure if that is possible...someone might be able to better clarify.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  5.    #5  
    Yep. Updating it first now!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaffarali View Post
    Hello-

So I got my Pre 3 and it's an unlocked AT&T running 2.2. I want to put Skype and from reading in the forums, this is possible by doctoring the device to 2.2.3

I have managed to find the link for the AT&T 2.2.3 doctor and am currently downloading this 222MB file on my computer. But what exactly is doctor? Is it like a restore for your device? Also, do I run it from my Mac after it has finished downloading? Sorry, but first time WebOS owner!
    Did they ever officially release the 2.2.3? The Pre 3 came out with the 2.2.0 version, and then the 2.2.3 Doctor was discovered, but was that version ever officially released to the Pre 3? If not, should we have the 2.2.0 Doctor or go ahead and download the 2.2.3? Thanks.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  7.    #7  
    2.2.3 is available through OTA. Doing that right now.....long process!