1.    #1  
    Is there an option to tell the browser to remember my passwords and searches like there is with any other browser? (chrome firefox IE opera...)
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  2.    #2  
    No answers means no one could make sense of what I asked or that it simply can't be done? It'd save a lot of my time, I don't particularly love typing..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    There are some additional apps out there for that sort of thing, I think, but the browser itself doesn't seem to have that ability.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There are some additional apps out there for that sort of thing
    such as?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Advanced Browser in the app catalog will remember passwords, I believe.
    once you have searched, the results should be showing up in "results & bookmarks" in the search section of the Just Type panel.
  7.    #7  
    - My app catalogue isn't showing any advanced browser app

- Just type panel is no use, I mean a way for remembering what I've typed, usernames and all the rest included, just like it happens with any other browser
    google prefox (fractal brew). it works quite well on the pre 3, it remembers
  9.    #9  
    I do I get it? Typed 'prefox' in preware and app catalogue, no results.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    My mistake, Advanced Browser is Touchpad only.

Prefox is here:
    Introducing PreFox | Fractal Brew
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    As they only mention Pre and Pre2 I contacted them via that website asking if it'll work on a Pre3, their answer:
    "I have no idea, I haven't ever seen a Pre 3 or touched PreFox in over a year."

which is kind of bizarre and funny at the same time..
    its not on preware, download the ipk and install on the pre3 via WOSQI or preware. it worked fine for me
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    As they only mention Pre and Pre2 I contacted them via that website asking if it'll work on a Pre3, their answer:
    "I have no idea, I haven't ever seen a Pre 3 or touched PreFox in over a year."

which is kind of bizarre and funny at the same time..
    On the site he says he's dropped the project. So unless someone is inspired to take it up, it won't be updated or improved. But if it works now as reported....
  14.    #14  
    To be fair it does work, but it's painfully slow and buggy. Shame it's been discountinued.
    sorry to hear about your problems, for me i have found that web browsing seems to be quicker than stock browser, and the only bugs have been using the links to the pages about prefox force closing.