1.    #1  
    I got my 16GB HP TouchPad in the fire-sale back in September. At first I found it to be a fun novelty and shrugged it off but over the last couple of weeks I've really started to enjoy it and appreciate it for being the best tablet OS I've used so far.

I currently have the BlackBerry Torch 9810 which I like a lot. There's something about the portrait slider form-factor that is perfect for me. I was debating between it and the HP Pre 3 before AT&T canceled it which led to me getting the Torch 9810 by default.

I snagged a 16GB HP Pre 3 (AT&T) off eBay last week and received it early this week. I love the form-factor, the OS (for the most part), it's customization, the cards/gestures, mail/messages, freeTether, it's paring with the TouchPad and the understated elegance for the device. The screen is slightly larger than the Torch 9810 and the specs are pretty much the same so great. The number of useful apps are pretty much the same for BlackBerry and WebOS too so I'm used to wanting for more.

I really want to be able to use this phone as my cell phone but there are a few things that make me hesitant. I'm hoping perhaps to get some advice/input here on them. I'm not trying to be critical at all. I've just searched about as much as I can on these issues and hope there is some resolution I have overlooked. For what it's worth, I've sorted these by importance to me.

* Bing Maps really just sucks. It's fine if I know the exact address of where I'm going but I'm used to Google Maps where for instance I can just type in Walmart, Taco Bell, or Buffalo Wild Wings and get a list of suggestions of nearby matches. Instead Bing Maps either tries to pick one for me (and is ALWAYS wrong) or directs me to a city that's across the country.

* Is there a way to use Facebook chat and get notifications? I'm used to that being built into the Facebook app as well as being able to Poke People, Delete Friends/Posts/Messages and see Mutual Friends. Is it unlikely that this app will be updated sometime in the next few months to include features like this?

* Does anyone know how any of the nutrition/calorie counter apps stack up with their food databases and fast food eateries?

* Can I turn off Blink Notifications for a specific app. I still want the notification icon but I don't need to be opening my phone thinking I have a message every time I have a new Google Reader article.

* Is there some sort of Poynt like app where I can type in a business/restaurant name and get location details and a phone number, search for nearby restaurants/cuisines, or lookup phone numbers based on name/address?

* Do contact pictures I add to someone under Google Contacts sync up with WebOS?

* Can you hide panels or unwanted icons? Perhaps there's a patch for that?

* I get free visual voicemail from AT&T and they have a BlackBerry app. Is there anything for WebOS?

Thank you to anyone who bothers to read all of that and replies.
    For visual voicemail I am using youmail.

Contact pictures do sync from Google and Facebook
    For finding restaurants, persons, lovations, shops and so forth you can use "klicktel" (it`s in the app catalog). It shows phone number, address, review, ... When I tap on adress it opens in bing maps. There`s a way to integrate google maps into yr browser, will try to find the link for that. Not as nice as a google maps app though, but still ok. Would also like a solution for the facebook problems you stated!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxundmilian View Post
    For finding restaurants, persons, lovations, shops and so forth you can use "klicktel" (it`s in the app catalog). It shows phone number, address, review, ... When I tap on adress it opens in bing maps. There`s a way to integrate google maps into yr browser, will try to find the link for that. Not as nice as a google maps app though, but still ok. Would also like a solution for the facebook problems you stated!
    Hmm it's not showing in the app catalog for me. Maye it still needs to be updated for the Pre 3?

Thanks for the replies guys.

One more question:

* How would I go about changing my lock screen background? It's set to a cloud/blue background and I would like to use something more engaging.
    Go Into "Screen & Lock" and select "change wallpaper"
    You can also open your "Photo' app and open a photo and tap the icon on the bottom and select "Set Wallpaper".
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    You can also open your "Photo' app and open a photo and tap the icon on the bottom and select "Set Wallpaper".
    Neither option is working for me. I'm talking about the Phone Locked screen where you enter a password. It is showing as a blue sky. It's only that one screen. When it is locked it shows the background but as soon as I swipe to enter a password the screen with the blue sky background comes up. I have already changed my wallpaper to something different but the locked screen isn't changing.
    Am from Europe, so maybe klickTel isn`t available in the States yet. You might wanna try copying this link to yr browser (hope it`s the correct link - if so, you got something like the google maps app).

http://maps.google.com/maps/mm