Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If i buy an unlocked 8GB pre3 that ISNT from UK will I be able to use the ATT GOphone plan and have data?? I know the USA ATT pre3 is in there systems but the UK is not ... so back to my question if I buy an UNLOCKED 8GB pre3 from USA will it work like the unlocked UK version?? Thanks sorry if this has been asked a billion times. If it doesnt work ill just get the post paid plan from att corp store.
    Which Pre3 model are you considering?
    - 16GB AT&T Pre3 (locked or with unlock code)
    - 16GB Verizon Pre3
    - 8GB Europe unlocked Pre3 (UK, France, or Germany keyboard)

The 16GB AT&T or 8GB Europe models should work with the AT&T GoPhone prepaid plan.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    That eBay listing (assuming the specs listed are correct) is for the 8GB model so it's a European Pre3 model, not USA as all AT&T or Verizon Pre 3's have 16GB. Also the specs say it has the HSDPA 900 band which means it's European (the AT&T model has the HSDPA 850 band).

So the seller in California must have gotten an imported European model. As all European Pre3's are unlocked, they will work in the USA on either AT&T or T-Mobile carriers, either prepaid or postpaid.

The European Pre 3's were sold in France (AZERTY keyboard), Germany (QWERTZ keyboard), and UK (QWERTY keyboard like USA). The eBay listing says it has the QWERTY keyboard so it looks like a good buy.

So your original question probably should be: Will the Pre3 unlocked UK 8GB version work in the USA? And the answer is yes, on AT&T or T-Mobile, prepaid or postpaid.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Thank you I have already purchased it and I am fairly sure I will be doing the $50 unlimited go plan ... hopefully with no extra data fee's cause its a UK phone (fingers crossed). Good thing I did buy to cause when I posted this there were 6 left now they are all gone. Hopefully to some fellow precentral members