Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    My previous Pre- worked perfectly with my Chrysler Uconnect bluetooth hands free system but my new ATT Pre 3 fails on voice command dialing. All other functions work fine ie incoming calls and outgoing calls (if dialed directly on the phone). When I use voice dialing it sends the dialing info to the Pre 3 which correctly opens the phone app but then fails to start the dial process and times out. Hands free voice dialing is obviously important and I need to restore that function. Does anyone else have a similar issue with their Pre 3 and Chrysler Uconnect? Have you found a solution?

    I have read in the forum that the UK doctor uses a different bluetooth setup. Would doctoring to the UK version provide a fix for the hands free dialing. TIA.
  2. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #2  
    My Veer works with my uConnect, but I haven't tried my Pre3 though. I'll give it a shot later today and post the results.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    My Veer works with my uConnect, but I haven't tried my Pre3 though. I'll give it a shot later today and post the results.
    Thanks for that. Curious to know if it is common to the ATT Pre 3. Anyone else using uConnect on a UK Pre 3? I have my ATT version tweaked but will doctor ASAP if it will fix this.
  4. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #4  
    Just got done testing my At&T Pre3 in my Crysler 300 and uConnect. Works perfect!
    Using the voice dial from the car to the phone that is.

    I have already filed a bug due to the fact that you can't voice dial from the phone to the car on the Veer. I found the Pre3 has the same shortfall. When paired with an audio device, which the uConnect pairs as, the voice dialer on the phone is deaf. The prompt comes up to talk to it, but it does not register any voice. Oh well, just means that you have to use the phone book on the uConnect (which is a pain in the axx).

    There's you answer, don't know if it helps.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Just got done testing my At&T Pre3 in my Crysler 300 and uConnect. Works perfect!
    Using the voice dial from the car to the phone that is.

    I have already filed a bug due to the fact that you can't voice dial from the phone to the car on the Veer. I found the Pre3 has the same shortfall. When paired with an audio device, which the uConnect pairs as, the voice dialer on the phone is deaf. The prompt comes up to talk to it, but it does not register any voice. Oh well, just means that you have to use the phone book on the uConnect (which is a pain in the axx).

    There's you answer, don't know if it helps.
    It doesn't solve my immediate problem but at least I know that it is not specific to the ATT Rom. Hmmmm...Did you make any changes in the phone or Bluetooth settings? Thanks again for checking that. What year is your 300? I'm driving a 2009 SRT4.
  6. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    It doesn't solve my immediate problem but at least I know that it is not specific to the ATT Rom. Hmmmm...Did you make any changes in the phone or Bluetooth settings? Thanks again for checking that. What year is your 300? I'm driving a 2009 SRT4.
    Nope, pretty much stock out of the box Pre3. I did doctor it one time at the beginning.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  7. #7  
    I have (I think) the same issue on my BMW x5 2007. If I use the phone to place a call, everything works fine. If I use the car to place the call, it starts to make the call then hangs up right away. Receiving calls using the car works fine. The pre3 sees the car as a car.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    I have (I think) the same issue on my BMW x5 2007. If I use the phone to place a call, everything works fine. If I use the car to place the call, it starts to make the call then hangs up right away. Receiving calls using the car works fine. The pre3 sees the car as a car.
    This is exactly my problem. I just finished updating the firmware on my Chrysler MyGig REN model to the latest version, doctored the phone to the latest ATT ROM, and still voice dialing not working as you describe. Very disappointed in this.

    The only thing I can try now is to doctor to the UK version and see what happens. Anyone out there notice a difference in bluetooth phone functionality between the UK and ATT ROM's? Someone posted about a difference in bluetooth between the two but I need to go and search the forum to find it again. As I stated in my OP, my Pre- had no issues. My ATT Pre 3 sees the car as an "audio" device. Any suggestions appreciated.
  9. #9  
    Just curious, does the UConnect store your phone book on the device? For example, my house phone, and Pioneer decks do a sync with the phone book where the phone sends all contacts. Just wondering since you were using this with a previous device, have you tried clearing everything out of Uconnect and resyncing the phone book.

    Only other though, I know some non US users have had problems with phone number matching with contact with different country codes. So the voice dial on the chrysler and the phone could be battling eachother.

    All guesses as I do not have a Chrysler, clearly.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just curious, does the UConnect store your phone book on the device? For example, my house phone, and Pioneer decks do a sync with the phone book where the phone sends all contacts. Just wondering since you were using this with a previous device, have you tried clearing everything out of Uconnect and resyncing the phone book.

    Only other though, I know some non US users have had problems with phone number matching with contact with different country codes. So the voice dial on the chrysler and the phone could be battling eachother.

    All guesses as I do not have a Chrysler, clearly.
    Thanks for your suggestions! The uConnect system does indeed sync with the phone address book which I have allowed in the phone bluetooth settings for that connection. I thought the same as you so deleted all phone book entries and phone pairings in the uConnect system prior to flashing with a firmware update. I also cleared the pairing info from the phone as well aka trying to start with a blank page. The country code for Canada and US is the same (1) which is only required when phoning long distance out of the local cell calling area. One oddity I have noticed is the Pre 3 voicemail number in phone preferences is 1 647 383 2XXX which I cannot change. I thought it supposed to be the cell number of the phone. Area code 647 is an overlay of Ontario code 416. Must be Bell thing. Seems to work fine though.

    If someone on the forum has used a UK Pre 3 without the ATT embedded tweaks on a uConnect system it would provide me enough initiative to go through with the UK doctor. I wonder now if it would matter because the bluetooth stack in the Pre 3 is just not compatible. Seeing as the uConnect hands free is prolific across the Chrysler lineup and the Pre 3 is a new device, compatibility testing looks like it is another area that was not done as it should have been.

    I would love to hear from other Pre 3 owners how their bluetooth hands free solutions are working.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Only other though, I know some non US users have had problems with phone number matching with contact with different country codes. So the voice dial on the chrysler and the phone could be battling eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    . The country code for Canada and US is the same (1) which is only required when phoning long distance out of the local cell calling area. One oddity I have noticed is the Pre 3 voicemail number in phone preferences is 1 647 383 2XXX which I cannot change. I thought it supposed to be the cell number of the phone. Area code 647 is an overlay of Ontario code 416. Must be Bell thing. Seems to work fine though.
    The above are valid clues. I was able to place calls today by dialing a 7 digit number (no area code). It also dials if you use less than 7 digits, and gives you the standard recorded operator message. I did not think to try 411 or other valid short numbers. Try 911 and let me know if it works

    In Montreal, we now need to dial a full 10 digits, and it sounds like you're from Toron'ah, so you do too. It worked when calling numbers that are in the same area code as I am from, but did not work to call the alternate area codes for Montreal.

    Another clue is that when I dial from my phone, there is no country code (1). But when I dialed the 7 digits from my car bluetooth, it adds the (1) and the area code.

    Any of the preware gods able to code something to fix our bluetooth blues? I think we have enough clues for someone who understands this stuff to fix it. I don't hold out much hope for a fix from HP. It took Palm forever to fix bluetooth when they broke it for BMW owners in 1.4, and that's when they were listening to our concerns.
  12. twack's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    #12  
    So I don't get it. My Veer and Pre3 work fine on my Chrysler uConnect. Dials 10, 7 and 3 digit numbers just fine. Why am I able to and you guy/gals aren't?

    My uConnect is on a 2007 300C with DVD GPS Nav and Sirius Satellite if that helps at all. I there anyway to tell what firmware the uConnect is on?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.



    |wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    So I don't get it. My Veer and Pre3 work fine on my Chrysler uConnect. Dials 10, 7 and 3 digit numbers just fine. Why am I able to and you guy/gals aren't?

    My uConnect is on a 2007 300C with DVD GPS Nav and Sirius Satellite if that helps at all. I there anyway to tell what firmware the uConnect is on?
    I don't get it either. And I'm not on Chrysler. But figuring out other commonalities may help.

    In regional settings, it is set to US. Will change to Canada tomorrow, and see if that matters.

    I wonder if moving contacts to the SIM card will make a difference.

    My phone is patched. I did not try bluetooth before patching. It is not OC'd. Mostly the advanced system patches.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    One oddity I have noticed is the Pre 3 voicemail number in phone preferences is 1 647 383 2XXX which I cannot change. I thought it supposed to be the cell number of the phone. Area code 647 is an overlay of Ontario code 416. Must be Bell thing. Seems to work fine though.
    On my Veer I had the weird voicemail number (different area code from phone number). I was able to change it and in the Pre3 and Pre2 I believe it has still been the correct number. I am thinking this may have been a setting on the SIM, as it was a brand new SIM when I put it in the Veer.

    I have read that ATT has a regional voicemail numbers to dial in to, so I am guessing by default the SIM is programmed to that number. These are all just guesses as our ATT phones were purchased from Amazon. Maybe Bell has something similar. After switching to the cell numbers for voicemail both the wife and I had a couple days of glitchy voicemail service, but since then haven't had any problems (we were unable to dial in and pickup voicemails, may have been unrelated). Switched to the regular cell number for voicemail back in July.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    In the Pre3, when paired with an audio device, the voice dialer on the phone is deaf. The prompt comes up to talk to it, but it does not register any voice.
    Exact same symptoms here, on an unlocked GSM European Pre 3, connected to a trusty Parrot CK3000. At first I couldn't believe how dumb it was, the voice dial prompt shows up, but doesn't hear anything at all. After yelling some names louder and louder, drivers passing by thought I was crazy.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    The above are valid clues. I was able to place calls today by dialing a 7 digit number (no area code). It also dials if you use less than 7 digits, and gives you the standard recorded operator message. I did not think to try 411 or other valid short numbers. Try 911 and let me know if it works

    In Montreal, we now need to dial a full 10 digits, and it sounds like you're from Toron'ah, so you do too. It worked when calling numbers that are in the same area code as I am from, but did not work to call the alternate area codes for Montreal.

    Another clue is that when I dial from my phone, there is no country code (1). But when I dialed the 7 digits from my car bluetooth, it adds the (1) and the area code.

    Any of the preware gods able to code something to fix our bluetooth blues? I think we have enough clues for someone who understands this stuff to fix it. I don't hold out much hope for a fix from HP. It took Palm forever to fix bluetooth when they broke it for BMW owners in 1.4, and that's when they were listening to our concerns.
    I'm actually in Summerland, BC not Toron'ah. It appears Bell is using an Ontario number for all voicemail. I bought the SIM card at a local Bell dealer.

    I tried different combinations of phone number formats without much success. One interesting thing did happen when I dialed 411. The phone did dial out but to ATT directory assistance and my phone displayed a large ATT page with logo. Hmmmmm. Ideas anyone.
    FYI I have regional settings set to English, Canada (formats), and have gone back and forth with the phone numbers set to US, Canada, Mexico and "other".

    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    So I don't get it. My Veer and Pre3 work fine on my Chrysler uConnect. Dials 10, 7 and 3 digit numbers just fine. Why am I able to and you guy/gals aren't?

    My uConnect is on a 2007 300C with DVD GPS Nav and Sirius Satellite if that helps at all. I there anyway to tell what firmware the uConnect is on?
    Are you on a stock ATT ROM?

    The firmware and other info for your MyGig can be found by pressing on the "menu" button, "system setup" software button, and then the "system information" software button. I have the MyGig REN headunit with uConnect. It was running firmware version 2.11 and is now 2.92. The flash update had no benefit with the dialing issue.

    You are using an older MyGig system than mine so I'm puzzled why your ATT Pre is not having any problems. Happy for you though.


    Quote Originally Posted by tony20 View Post
    I don't get it either. And I'm not on Chrysler. But figuring out other commonalities may help.

    In regional settings, it is set to US. Will change to Canada tomorrow, and see if that matters.

    I wonder if moving contacts to the SIM card will make a difference.

    My phone is patched. I did not try bluetooth before patching. It is not OC'd. Mostly the advanced system patches.
    I'm now unpatched after doctoring to the current ATT ROM. Didn't help.

    After succeeding only by dialing 411 and the phone dialing out to ATT's directory assistance number, I am getting more interested in doctoring to the unlocked UK ROM. I've read a little bit on that and it requires backing up and editing tokens before doctoring. I haven't had the time yet to get the details lined up but am now leaning strongly that way. I need voice dialing as I am in my car a lot and do not want to handle the phone while driving.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    I tried different combinations of phone number formats without much success. One interesting thing did happen when I dialed 411. The phone did dial out but to ATT directory assistance and my phone displayed a large ATT page with logo. Hmmmmm. Ideas anyone.
    FYI I have regional settings set to English, Canada (formats), and have gone back and forth with the phone numbers set to US, Canada, Mexico and "other".
    That is part of the factory ATT firmware.

    Look in your contacts app and you should see multiple ATT contacts. My Profile has all kinds of Sprint garbage from my previous Sprint accounts that I haven't cleared out of contacts yet either.

    I have 9 ATT contacts listed including "AT&T Directory Assistance", when I look at the contact it is just listed as 411 (which is why you got the ATT logo).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by techman1 View Post
    My previous Pre- worked perfectly with my Chrysler Uconnect bluetooth hands free system but my new ATT Pre 3 fails on voice command dialing. All other functions work fine ie incoming calls and outgoing calls (if dialed directly on the phone). When I use voice dialing it sends the dialing info to the Pre 3 which correctly opens the phone app but then fails to start the dial process and times out. Hands free voice dialing is obviously important and I need to restore that function. Does anyone else have a similar issue with their Pre 3 and Chrysler Uconnect? Have you found a solution?

    I have read in the forum that the UK doctor uses a different bluetooth setup. Would doctoring to the UK version provide a fix for the hands free dialing. TIA.

    Does anyone has a solution for this problem already?

    As for me, same issue with dialing, after paring the Pre3 with Panasonic KX-TG7645 Bluetooth phone. Receiving and phonebook sync all ok. But when dialing from Pansonic phone via Bluetooth, it opens the phone app but then fails to start the dial process and times out.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetiger512 View Post
    Does anyone has a solution for this problem already?

    As for me, same issue with dialing, after paring the Pre3 with Panasonic KX-TG7645 Bluetooth phone. Receiving and phonebook sync all ok. But when dialing from Pansonic phone via Bluetooth, it opens the phone app but then fails to start the dial process and times out.
    I doctored but used the ATT doctor rather than trying the UK version....it didn't help. I will eventually try the UK doctor but there is an extra step re: editing ID tokens so the ATT device will accept the UK doctor. This is currently what I understand but I have yet to find some time to check out impostah to see if it provides another method.
  20. #20  
    i c. good luck to us all!
    thanks for prompt reply.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions