View Poll Results: I will buy a Verizon Pre 3 at...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450

5 11.63%
  • $400

2 4.65%
  • $350

0 0%
  • $300

6 13.95%
  • $250

7 16.28%
  • $200

12 27.91%
  • Less than $200

11 25.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'm holding out for the prices to drop and I wondered how many people are doing the same. Just curious as I am tormenting myself daily watching the auctions and wondering if the price will ever get to where I'd buy.
    I waited a while before taking the plunge. I wasn't going to buy at $800 but ended up biting at $535 shipped. That's more than I was initially hoping to pay but I'm really loving the phone. Perhaps I could have waited a few more weeks and snagged one at $450 or less, but I'm okay with my decision.
    pre4 likes this.
    You should buy the Verizon Pre3 as soon as you can. They aren't manufacturing any more of course and HP isn't selling any more either. The price will only go up from here as it becomes rarer and rarer. Anything $500 or less is a good price for this.
  4.    #4  
    So far the prices look to be going down slowly. Always seems to be another one popup after one sells. I agree that they're going to sell out at some point, but nobody knows when. I am guessing that the ice cream sandwich announcement (and possibly the nokia unveiling next week) may start to temper demand at the current price points. That's pretty much why I'm not ready to fork over $500.

This poll should give a clue as to how many people are waiting and shed some light on how far the price will go down before running out.
    i did not wait for the verizon pricesto go down. I paid $160 for early termination and got the pre3 for at&t.

the longer i wait for the pre3 the older the technology is going to be and feel like the more chances i would get an android or something other than webos. So i went ahead and bit the bullet. :-) it is still cheaper than getting a verzon pre 3 too...

unless at&t has no service or service in your area really sucks its so worth it! :-)

another plus is its a gsm so unlocking it would make it a "world" phone :-) pre 3 plus touchpad = webos heaven :-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I had no idea you could buy these puppies. I am on Sprint, so it's moot, but I'm pleasantly surprised to hear they were actually available.
    I bit at $549 plus $10 shipping, because I reasoned that's how much one would pay for a current-generation off-contract smartphone. I don't regret it for a second! This phone stands easily with Android smartphones and the iPhone, IMHO. It's too bad HP didn't give the Pre3 a chance.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Sprint__________________________ GSM___ Verizon_________________
    pre4 likes this.
    I've been trying out a cell amplifier from Wilson (Sleek is the model), and 100 west of Omaha (no man land for AT&T ) and I get 4 bars consistently on EDGE. They really work, and AT&T is now viable for me. 89 bucks plus AT&T Pre 3 is cheaper than Verizon.
    so, suffice it to say the att pre3's launch was imminent...which is why so many are available. While the vzw pre 3 was far off...perhaps even cancelled or postponed...which is why so few cdma pre3s are available...if I recall the pre3 was no where on any of verizon's leaked roadmaps. I wonder if this had some role in its cancellation.

regardless, I would love to get the pre3 but the price has to be in the 150 range and there should be some hope for webos continuity besides resorting to tricks that webosinternals can do to keep it alive

sigh, really really hate hp for this.
    $150 ? You can't even get a pre 2 for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    so, suffice it to say the att pre3's launch was imminent...which is why so many are available. While the vzw pre 3 was far off...perhaps even cancelled or postponed...which is why so few cdma pre3s are available...if I recall the pre3 was no where on any of verizon's leaked roadmaps. I wonder if this had some role in its cancellation.

regardless, I would love to get the pre3 but the price has to be in the 150 range and there should be some hope for webos continuity besides resorting to tricks that webosinternals can do to keep it alive

sigh, really really hate hp for this.
    pre4 likes this.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for around $250. At this point I'm thinking "why pay more for a phone than I would any other phone?" but than again I'll never be able to get used to anything other than webOS. So I'll patiently wait for ebay to calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    $150 ? You can't even get a pre 2 for that price.
    I got my pre 2 off ebay, brand new, 6 weeks ago. Verizon wireless. Its a a beautiful device, and I can only imagine the pre3 is even better.

but yeah, the pre 2 is 150 or less on ebay.
  13.    #13  
    I don't really see anything wrong with the ebayers getting market value for it. The employees at HP are getting screwed just like the rest of us. They'll be lucky to have jobs in a year or two. This is just a perk for them. The reason HP didn't offer them to the public at $75 each is that they would have to officially support them for the next year(s). I think that's the logic anyways.
    I certainly was not going to wait. I took the plunge on the AT&T Pre3 and I'm absolutely loving this device. Had the original been anything like this, the story would have been vastly different for WebOS and Palm. This device, even with slightly outdated specs at this point, is beast and I wouldn't trade it for any other phone on the market, including the iPhone 4s.
    Last edited by PreG8tor; 10/23/2011 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trng View Post
    The verizon pre 3's were sold in limited quantities to the lucky few last week in sunnyvale, for $75 + tax. You're giving the Ebayers a huge profit when you buy from them.
    Honestly, do you really expect to get a Pre 3 for 75 bucks ? I know I can't... Yes, I paid good money for my verizon pre 3 but not more than what I could pay for a new smartphones without a contract.
  16.    #16  
    Bump. Just wanted to get this to the top of the list to keep more votes coming in.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Decided the Verizon Pre 3 was worth the $536 I paid. No regrets. Skype (with video), touch to share, and wickedly smooth scrolling (compared to Pre +). Oh ... and the keyboard - I just grin the whole time I'm using it.

Only a few of my apps didn't make the profile transition. No problems activating on Verizon (after a doctor to 2.2.3). Didn't even lose my (grandfathered) unlimited data plan (although, the free mobile hotspot went away).

All in all extremely satisfied.
    I refuse to pay more then 200 for a phone that has NO warrenty. That is what you are getting with a verizon pre 3. I have followed webOS since it's announcement on Jan 2009. I have been a palm user for much much longer.

We are not all made of money. If I bought the Pre 3 at 500 buck my wife would have my hide up on the chopping block. I have expenses that most of you might not have. Copaxone is freaking expensive.

Although it pains me to say if the Pre 3 doesnt drop in price then when my pre plus dies I will have to look at alternative items.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    Didn't even lose my (grandfathered) unlimited data plan (although, the free mobile hotspot went away).

All in all extremely satisfied.
    Just get freetether. works like a charm.

I got 2 AT&T Pre3s, one for $515 and the other for $197

But I really want to get my brother a VZW Pre3 as a gift so less than $200 for me.

No problems activating these now, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I refuse to pay more then 200 for a phone that has NO warrenty. That is what you are getting with a verizon pre 3. I have followed webOS since it's announcement on Jan 2009. I have been a palm user for much much longer.

We are not all made of money. If I bought the Pre 3 at 500 buck my wife would have my hide up on the chopping block. I have expenses that most of you might not have. Copaxone is freaking expensive.

Although it pains me to say if the Pre 3 doesnt drop in price then when my pre plus dies I will have to look at alternative items.

Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast