View Poll Results: I will buy a Verizon Pre 3 at...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450

5 11.63%
  • $400

2 4.65%
  • $350

0 0%
  • $300

6 13.95%
  • $250

7 16.28%
  • $200

12 27.91%
  • Less than $200

11 25.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
    I haven't forgotten about the Pre 2 but it is older. On top of it the Online site is sold out. My current store does not have them in. I do have time though as Although i have the ability to upgrade right now and I do have 2 cracks in my case the screen is still holding strong.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I really really wish there was an option for this on Sprint. Damn you, Sprint and HP. :-(
    I would love a pre3 but that is a heck of a lot of money for an unsupported phone. I'm getting tired or the HP roller-coaster. I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if it comes to Verizon. One question though, does anyone know if I can get some sort of Free-tether-like app for android? That is one of the biggest reasons I'm still rockin my pre+, so I can use my Touchpad on the go
    major payne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I would love a pre3 but that is a heck of a lot of money for an unsupported phone. I'm getting tired or the HP roller-coaster. I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if it comes to Verizon. One question though, does anyone know if I can get some sort of Free-tether-like app for android? That is one of the biggest reasons I'm still rockin my pre+, so I can use my Touchpad on the go
    If you get a galaxy nexus which I plan to get. It is basic android and should be easily rooted which would unlock freetether for you. Plus I hear the nexus will have the map feature to full sync with the touchpad messaging and what not.

sent from my thunderbolt
    i too also am thinking of moving to the nexus and as the previous post there are free tether programs. I just hope they don't pull a big red and lock down the bootloader
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    i too also am thinking of moving to the nexus and as the previous post there are free tether programs. I just hope they don't pull a big red and lock down the bootloader
    I don't think they're allowed to on the Nexus devices since those are supposed to be Google's "test bed" devices.
    major payne likes this.
    Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
    That's a very good point. It's unfortunate that bad advertising followed EACH iteration of the Pre. Most people never give the Pre2 a second look because it was never talked about/up. It is a capable phone, though not as good as the Pre3.
    Yeah the pre2 is a good replacement, and I thought about it; but Verizon was still charging $150 for it a week or to ago when it was still available. Bottom line is, as much as I love webOS the pre2 is still a pretty outdated phone. for that price you can get something pretty nice nowadays, and without having to worry about keeping it running after the support goes away. I just got tired of expecting things to happen. If someone else buys webOS and decides to put out new phones (which I highly doubt at this point) I will probably come back, but until that happens I've had it with all the waiting, broken promises, and compromises.
    Yeah the pre2 is a good replacement, and I thought about it; but Verizon was still charging $150 for it a week or to ago when it was still available. Bottom line is, as much as I love webOS the pre2 is still a pretty outdated phone. for that price you can get something pretty nice nowadays, and without having to worry about keeping it running after the support goes away. I just got tired of expecting things to happen. If someone else buys webOS and decides to put out new phones (which I highly doubt at this point) I will probably come back, but until that happens I've had it with all the waiting, broken promises, and compromises.
    You should be able to get a Pre 2 off ebay/craigslist for $150 off contract. For that price, the phone is well worthed. If you have the money to spend on pre 3, go for it. If not, pre 2 will do just fine.
    You should be able to get a Pre 2 off ebay/craigslist for $150 off contract. For that price, the phone is well worthed. If you have the money to spend on pre 3, go for it. If not, pre 2 will do just fine.
    These days you can probably get a Pre 2 for $100 from ebay/craigslist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12