View Poll Results: I will buy a Verizon Pre 3 at...

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • $450

    5 11.63%
  • $400

    2 4.65%
  • $350

    0 0%
  • $300

    6 13.95%
  • $250

    7 16.28%
  • $200

    12 27.91%
  • Less than $200

    11 25.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
    I haven't forgotten about the Pre 2 but it is older. On top of it the Online site is sold out. My current store does not have them in. I do have time though as Although i have the ability to upgrade right now and I do have 2 cracks in my case the screen is still holding strong.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  2. #22  
    I really really wish there was an option for this on Sprint. Damn you, Sprint and HP. :-(
  3. #23  
    I would love a pre3 but that is a heck of a lot of money for an unsupported phone. I'm getting tired or the HP roller-coaster. I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if it comes to Verizon. One question though, does anyone know if I can get some sort of Free-tether-like app for android? That is one of the biggest reasons I'm still rockin my pre+, so I can use my Touchpad on the go
    major payne likes this.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I would love a pre3 but that is a heck of a lot of money for an unsupported phone. I'm getting tired or the HP roller-coaster. I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if it comes to Verizon. One question though, does anyone know if I can get some sort of Free-tether-like app for android? That is one of the biggest reasons I'm still rockin my pre+, so I can use my Touchpad on the go
    If you get a galaxy nexus which I plan to get. It is basic android and should be easily rooted which would unlock freetether for you. Plus I hear the nexus will have the map feature to full sync with the touchpad messaging and what not.

    sent from my thunderbolt
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    I would love a pre3 but that is a heck of a lot of money for an unsupported phone. I'm getting tired or the HP roller-coaster. I think I may go for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus if it comes to Verizon. One question though, does anyone know if I can get some sort of Free-tether-like app for android? That is one of the biggest reasons I'm still rockin my pre+, so I can use my Touchpad on the go
    i too also am thinking of moving to the nexus and as the previous post there are free tether programs. I just hope they don't pull a big red and lock down the bootloader
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    i too also am thinking of moving to the nexus and as the previous post there are free tether programs. I just hope they don't pull a big red and lock down the bootloader
    I don't think they're allowed to on the Nexus devices since those are supposed to be Google's "test bed" devices.
    major payne likes this.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
    That's a very good point. It's unfortunate that bad advertising followed EACH iteration of the Pre. Most people never give the Pre2 a second look because it was never talked about/up. It is a capable phone, though not as good as the Pre3.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    Most people seems to forgotten about Pre 2. It is a perfect capable phone for Pre Plus replacement for less than 2 hundred bucks.
    Yeah the pre2 is a good replacement, and I thought about it; but Verizon was still charging $150 for it a week or to ago when it was still available. Bottom line is, as much as I love webOS the pre2 is still a pretty outdated phone. for that price you can get something pretty nice nowadays, and without having to worry about keeping it running after the support goes away. I just got tired of expecting things to happen. If someone else buys webOS and decides to put out new phones (which I highly doubt at this point) I will probably come back, but until that happens I've had it with all the waiting, broken promises, and compromises.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    Yeah the pre2 is a good replacement, and I thought about it; but Verizon was still charging $150 for it a week or to ago when it was still available. Bottom line is, as much as I love webOS the pre2 is still a pretty outdated phone. for that price you can get something pretty nice nowadays, and without having to worry about keeping it running after the support goes away. I just got tired of expecting things to happen. If someone else buys webOS and decides to put out new phones (which I highly doubt at this point) I will probably come back, but until that happens I've had it with all the waiting, broken promises, and compromises.
    You should be able to get a Pre 2 off ebay/craigslist for $150 off contract. For that price, the phone is well worthed. If you have the money to spend on pre 3, go for it. If not, pre 2 will do just fine.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    You should be able to get a Pre 2 off ebay/craigslist for $150 off contract. For that price, the phone is well worthed. If you have the money to spend on pre 3, go for it. If not, pre 2 will do just fine.
    These days you can probably get a Pre 2 for $100 from ebay/craigslist.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions