1.    #1  
    I can send or receive MMS pictures or videos on my phone. But for some weird reason I cannot get screenshots either from a pre3, samsung galaxy s2 or iphone. Probably other phones too.

I have tested this with my brother who is also on a pre3.

Screenshots do not come. We have the same error message:

One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal.

Anyone experiencing the same? Any ideas?

EDIT: the veer cannot get screenshots too. Same error.

File format for screenshots are PNG files...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by johnj2803; 10/22/2011 at 08:40 AM.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I experience the same exact problem. If you google the error message, some forums say they have no explanation. Others say something is wrong on the network's end. Still haven't found any fix.
    TP + P3 = synergized
    I noticed this when trying to send screenshots from pre2 to two different pre plusses on AT&T. Works fine from pre3 to pre2 and I think also works fine from pre3 to pre plus.

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I noticed this when trying to send screenshots from pre2 to two different pre plusses on AT&T. Works fine from pre3 to pre2 and I think also works fine from pre3 to pre plus.

thanks for the input. Screenshots going out from the pre3 can be read by any phone. My problem is that the pre3 (or the veer) cannot receive any screenshots from any phone.

i wonder if this problem is just GSM related or just AT&T related...
    Maybe a security feature? Try sending PNG files if it still doesn't work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I too, am having the same issue. Can not receive screenshots or even some regular pictures. I will get the caption, if there is one, but can not receive the picture. And on some occasions, I would say a little less than half the time, I receive the picture in a seperate text message from the number "1", it does not indicate who sent the message... Any help would be much appreciated. I'm on a AT&T Pre 3 with H20 wirless. All APN settings per this forum. Thank you!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Try removing the MAX SIZE value on the MMS APN settings page.
    I am getting the same error message from an automated response from an AT&T text. Doesn't matter if it's a photograph/picture or a system screenshot.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i started getting the "One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation" error. has anybody found a fix? i can't remove the max size from the mms apn settings page. if i change it to something greater than 600, i get "invalid mms apn settings..."
    I was able to change mine from 600 to 100000. It said invalid mms apn, as well, but there is a button that says "set up anyway" at the very bottom. (this is on H20 wireless, if that matters.)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaguy75 View Post
    I was able to change mine from 600 to 100000. It said invalid mms apn, as well, but there is a button that says "set up anyway" at the very bottom. (this is on H20 wireless, if that matters.)
    did this fix the issue for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    did this fix the issue for you?
    I think so, because I am able to receive mms pictures (even screenshots). What is weird, tho, is I don't receive the picture within the chat thread from the person who sent it. Rather, I get a new threaded message with a "1" as the sender. If I get another picture from someone else, it shows up in the same thread labeled as "1".
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It's been awhile since anyone has responded, but has this issue been resolved? I changed mine to 100000 but it did nothing. I knew it wouldn't solve anything, but I tried contacting AT&T. They said to contact HP. What's weird is, I can receive screenshots from an iPhone on Verizon, but I cannot from an iPhone on AT&T.