1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I tried to put in the code to unlock the phone through Tmobile SIM, but it wasn't working. So i restarted the phone and now Im in the sign in page for the palm profile and a Network search logo on the top left corner.

What can i do?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ra88sheed View Post
    Hey guys,

I tried to put in the code to unlock the phone through Tmobile SIM, but it wasn't working. So i restarted the phone and now Im in the sign in page for the palm profile and a Network search logo on the top left corner.

What can i do?
    Anybody? @_@
    Are you on prepaid/pay-as-you-go w/o data plan ?

If you are, you should do the followings to enable 1-day data pass:
    1, dial "#*DEVMODE#
    2, enable developer mode
    3, start web browser and visit "wap.voicestream.com" to sign up for 1-day data pass for $1.49
    4, after enabling the web pass from T-Mobile, you need to do a full erase.
    5, you should be able to login to your palm profile.

good luck.
    you need data connection to be able to sign-in to palm profile. I have tmobile $30 monthly (100 min, unlimited text + data) plan and I was able to do this for my Pre 3 without any problem. i saw the Edge connection came up (E sign) and then sign in was successful.

I does seem like your unlock was successful. Otherwise it would give you "please unlock" screen.
    You can try to go to at&T store and get an employee's sim to log in to your profile. Once you are logged in and enabled wifi next time it will go over wifi.

Why they couldn't do it over wifi the very first time is beyond me. I called and complained to HP about it.
    I am on a TMO pay-as-you-go plan without data service, had the same problem at the beginning. Did the following and activated my pre3.
    1. Called customer care, told them I need to purchase 1-day data pass but can not do it from my phone, asked the support person to help me make the purchase on their end.
    2. TMO support person added the 1-day pass for me and deducted $1.49 from my pre-paid balance.
    3. On the pre3, network setup screen, changed the internet APN to epc.tmobile.com, removed user name and pasword, leave both fields empty.
    4. Went back to login screen and login again.

Give it a few minutes, you should be all set. And you can enjoy the 1-day data pass for the next 24 hours, it is slow, only edge, not 3G.
    For me, it was never a problem..
    I went into the Devmode, entered the unlock key(while TMobile SIM inside), thats it.. it worked flawless...
    you can bypass activation using impostah. No need for a phone connection