Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I loaded at least 10 vids on my pre. only one showed up. is there a media player that supports DIVX, AVI, MOV etc. basically, whats the best media player for videos? dont really care about how pretty the UI looks. which one supports the most formats?

    and is there a MP3 player that has an interface like the zune player, nice big cover art, auto coverart importing via wifi? I've loaded most of the players, cant seem to find one.
  2. #2  
    wait a second, isnt the native mp3 player on webos have album art, and whatnot? i always added coverart via itunes (adding custom cover art for each album) and then took those files/transfered those files to whatever device i wanted.

    And about the divx support, that would be outstanding. i really want to know this aswell.
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

    Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
  3. #3  
    Kalemsoft is a Godsend.
  4. sd_matto's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    #4  
    Kalemsoft works on Pre 3? Strange, because it does not show up on my HP App Marketplace (though an earlier version - 0.3.0 - shows up in Preware).

    Care to share how you got Kalemsoft on Pre 3? Thanks in advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Kalemsoft is a Godsend.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    wait a second, isnt the native mp3 player on webos have album art, and whatnot? i always added coverart via itunes (adding custom cover art for each album) and then took those files/transfered those files to whatever device i wanted.

    And about the divx support, that would be outstanding. i really want to know this aswell.
    it does, but the album art has to be in the folder already, basically you have to manually put the cover art in yourself, it doesn't search the net and pull information from it based on the mp3 info and apply cover art to albums like other programs do.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Kalemsoft works on Pre 3? Strange, because it does not show up on my HP App Marketplace (though an earlier version - 0.3.0 - shows up in Preware).

    Care to share how you got Kalemsoft on Pre 3? Thanks in advance.
    lol, doesnt work. just loaded it on, once you get passed the random garbled interface, and manage to find your vids. it sorrrrrta plays the movies. but slightly in slow motion and out of sync with the audio. well.. was worth a shot
  7. #7  
    Pretty sure Kalem is a TouchPad only app. I'd love a VLC type player for my Pre 3, but I supposed I could convert a few videos specifically for it...

    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    it does, but the album art has to be in the folder already, basically you have to manually put the cover art in yourself, it doesn't search the net and pull information from it based on the mp3 info and apply cover art to albums like other programs do.
    I attach/embed the album art on the computer, then move the music over. The app is smart enough to pull the album art out from there. Doing it on the computer solves the issue of automatically sourcing album art for you. Just move your workflow back one step.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  8. pml
    pml is offline
    pml's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    #8  
    Pretty sure Kalem is a TouchPad only app. I'd love a VLC type player for my Pre 3, but I supposed I could convert a few videos specifically for it...
    .
    Kalemsoft media player is Available for the phones as well. You can get it for free via Preware. It's running nicely on our Pre3 and Veer.
  9. #9  
    Yes kalem its working on my pre 3 i have installed a version from kalem web site...the ui is not optimized for pre 3 but is working good....

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Yes kalem its working on my pre 3 i have installed a version from kalem web site...the ui is not optimized for pre 3 but is working good....

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I have kalemsoft 0.3.4 ( I think)on my Pre 2 , it works perfect, downloaded from the app catalogue.I also have used the 0.3.0 on a Pre+ , audio/video sync was iffy, same version works on Pre3 , UI is a little off with the screen size, plays good in landscape, has overlays in portrait.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pml View Post
    Kalemsoft media player is Available for the phones as well. You can get it for free via Preware. It's running nicely on our Pre3 and Veer.
    certainly not nicely running for me
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by trippert57 View Post
    I have kalemsoft 0.3.4 ( I think)on my Pre 2 , it works perfect, downloaded from the app catalogue.I also have used the 0.3.0 on a Pre+ , audio/video sync was iffy, same version works on Pre3 , UI is a little off with the screen size, plays good in landscape, has overlays in portrait.
    0.3.0 runs horribly with local media on my Pre 3. 0.3.4 is better, but still pretty unusable. Folder lists go ape**** when scrolling, then when playing audio is fine but vieo is stuttering and way way behind sync. Works well for streaming media off of my computer though, but I also have a TouchPad for that.

    Not a huge deal for me, as I don't see myself watching a lot of movies/shows on the Pre 3's screen when I could just grab the TouchPad, but would still like to see this fully working.
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  13. #13  
    I am also getting problems with it. Both versions from the Preware and the official website are causing some problems(when scrolling through the list of files I get incredible "ghosting" and when playing some files I get a slow motion effect while the audio is also out of sync. Then again- it's much better than nothing.

Posting Permissions