1.    #1  
    Are there any of the Pre 3 iterations from around the world that will work on Sprint's network?
    Nope.
    I have been a sprint guy for like 10 years on a sprint family plan. Every year my plan has magically become more expensive.. & it has finally gotten to the point that it no longer makes sense to be on their network.

Sprints never had the best reception, they have always had the customer service & cheaper plans... It seems the customer service is dwindling (still not as bad as ATT's) but the price of the plan just isn't what it should be..

My point to all this? I dropped my sprint phone and bought a ATT phone.. As a matter of fact, i'm actually using my att phone as a go phone and plan on just using it in WiFi areas where I can use my skype. i don't talk on the phone while i'm driving anyway, so it's on constant Airplane mode and i tell you wat... it's fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinonearth View Post
    Are there any of the Pre 3 iterations from around the world that will work on Sprint's network?
    Sprint is CDMA - all non-US Pre-+23 are GSM.
    The only CDMA Pre3 is for Verizon and seems to be very hard to get (therefore expensive on ebay). And the 2 US CDMA providers make sure that their phones don't work on each others network. US mobile providers are very screwed up IMHO.

If you are in the US and want a Pre3 you have to get an ATT Pre3 (and for that have to switch to ATT - or at least a compatible GSM provider).
    Or if you can't stand ATT and roll in money - get a rare Verizon Pre3.
    Or stay with Sprint and forget the Pre3.

(before you ask - Sprint Pre comm board is not compatible with Pre3 - therefore no FrankenPre3).
    Last edited by tholap; 10/21/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    There are strong rumors of a pre 3 showing up on sprint any day now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    is that a joke?
    ORLY? Call me skeptical.

What is the source of those rumours?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    i literally lol'ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    I have been a sprint guy for like 10 years on a sprint family plan. Every year my plan has magically become more expensive.. & it has finally gotten to the point that it no longer makes sense to be on their network.

Sprints never had the best reception, they have always had the customer service & cheaper plans... It seems the customer service is dwindling (still not as bad as ATT's) but the price of the plan just isn't what it should be..

My point to all this? I dropped my sprint phone and bought a ATT phone.. As a matter of fact, i'm actually using my att phone as a go phone and plan on just using it in WiFi areas where I can use my skype. i don't talk on the phone while i'm driving anyway, so it's on constant Airplane mode and i tell you wat... it's fantastic.
    Sounds almost identical to our story, except we are on ATT contract.

Where are these rumors I missed?

Oh and anyone want to buy my unicorn, if the price is right I'll throw in the Yetti? Seriously though, any Sprint Pre3's would be pre production internal testing devices. Like the iPhone 4 that got left at a bar.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    And there are strong rumors of Microsoft buying webOS...

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk