1.    #1  
    I have a new Pre 3 from EBay. I also have a Pre- and a TouchPad which are on the same account. The TouchPad currently has the backup turned off.

I have signed on with H2O wireless and have the activated sim installed. I get a full wireless signal and the H+ icon and the H2O logo on the upper left of the screen.

Whether I try to sign on to my original Web OS account or attempt to create a new account, the log in fails or the Profile Creation Fails. I have entered the phone settings that are mentioned in another thread.

I have borrowed a sim card from a friend's Apple 3. When that is installed, I see the AT&T logo on the upper left and a wireless signal. I have not been able to create another HP WebOS account using that sim card. Everthything works just like it does using the H2O sim card. The symbol cycles for awhile "Checking Email" and it then kicks back to the "Profile Creation Failed" screen.

I simply can't get past this screen after many attempts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you doctored to 2.2.3?
    Yeah.. you should web doctor it because you don't know what build you got on that phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Have you doctored to 2.2.3?
    No, since I couldn't get past the sign in screen, I didn't know how to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpbsr View Post
    I have a new Pre 3 from EBay. I also have a Pre- and a TouchPad which are on the same account. The TouchPad currently has the backup turned off.

I have signed on with H2O wireless and have the activated sim installed. I get a full wireless signal and the H+ icon and the H2O logo on the upper left of the screen.

Whether I try to sign on to my original Web OS account or attempt to create a new account, the log in fails or the Profile Creation Fails. I have entered the phone settings that are mentioned in another thread.

I have borrowed a sim card from a friend's Apple 3. When that is installed, I see the AT&T logo on the upper left and a wireless signal. I have not been able to create another HP WebOS account using that sim card. Everthything works just like it does using the H2O sim card. The symbol cycles for awhile "Checking Email" and it then kicks back to the "Profile Creation Failed" screen.

I simply can't get past this screen after many attempts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wow....let me know what you find out as I will be going from a Pre- to a Pre 3 and have a TP. My game plan is to keep the same Palm Profile that I have on both the Pre- and the TP. I will be shutting down the Pre- once I get my Pre3 set up on AT&T. I just hope things go smoothly on this transition. Of course, not the end of the world if I have to set up a new Palm Profile, but would like to keep what I got.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Turn it off, then turn it on while holding volume up. From there you can doctor away.
  7.    #7  
    For someone who is tech challenged, naively brave, and born in 1938, I need just a little bit more in the way of directions so I can get this phone in operation. Point me to the posts or links I can use to walk through this and I will venture forth.

And thank all of you for the immediate response.