Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Mugen told me earlier that their battery for the Pre3 'should be released within a month'... Still no news from them yet... I hope they're not gonna cancel the production for the Pre3.. Does anybody know more about this? Thanks..
    MugenPower likes this.
    Just saw this in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    FYI - on a facebook post today, Mugen said their extended-life battery for the Pre3 is due in 3-4 weeks.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    They have a poll on their Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MugenPowerBatteries
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    They have a poll on their Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/MugenPowerBatteries
    Anybody with a Pre3 should make a point to go respond to Mugen's facebook poll - there are very few responses at the moment and i'd be willing to bet that if they don't get a bunch of affirmative answers, they're going to feel like it won't be profitable to spend the money developing/making/selling them...
    rbyrne likes this.
    I got an email from then on Monday saying two weeks.
    Mugen just posted on Facebook that due to the results of the poll, they'll be producing SL and XL batteries. Three weeks till SL battery release!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice! Love it!
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Does anyone know the difference between the SL & XL? Does the XL require a larger back like the one I have for my Pre+?
    Would the XL battery require a different back cover? How would that work/fit? Would Mugen also produce a fully compatible back cover with appropriate holes, connections, and both Touchstone and Touch-To-Share connectivity?
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Would the XL battery require a different back cover? How would that work/fit? Would Mugen also produce a fully compatible back cover with appropriate holes, connections, and both Touchstone and Touch-To-Share connectivity?
    Would produce a back if need, 99.9% you lose TS and TTS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Would produce a back if need, 99.9% you lose TS and TTS.
    Bummer, but obviously understandable. Double the battery life vs. Touchstone charging and TTS...
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Aren't the Mugen people nice! THANKYOU!
    This and Skyrim in the same month. I might just have found heaven.

Seriously though, big thanks to Mugen to making batteries for the Pre3. I will most likely be getting at least one of the SL, not willing to sacrifice the back for a XL.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Mugen just posted to Facebook earlier today:

"NEWS: HP Pre 3 SL battery will be compatible with Touchstone as it will use the Pre 3 original cover. XL battery will not support Touchstone because it will take very long time to charge the battery."

With a follow up that the Pre3 batteries will be ready "Approximately in the end of December."

I know what I want for Xmas.
    What is the cost of the new Mugen batteries?
    According to their post on Twitter from today, the capacity of the SL battery will be "around 1800mAh". Sounds nice, doesn't it
    Ziplock likes this.
    Can't wait to pick up a mugen battery since I will be getting a hp pre 3 soon. But like others wondering the cost of the battery.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    I am not going to wonder how much the battery will cost personally.
    probably around 80 for the SL1800mAh and a lot more for the XL3000mAh
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast