Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    So, my Mugen battery (1400) arrived on Saturday too (UK) and I put it in on Saturday evening to charge overnight. It was a seriously tight fit but it seemed to work and I put it on the touchstone (it started charging) and went to bed.

Sunday morning it was showing an almost dead battery! I quickly switched to a direct power connection and it seemed to start charging again. Left it for an hour while I had breakfast but since I needed the phone I switched to the old battery.

Tried again last night and had the exact same experience. Something is up, it doesn't seem to like charging on the touchstone.

I have written to Mugen to see what they say.

As for the "tight fit" mugen customer service answered my query as: "It is totally normal if Mugen battery fits tighter. The tighter the battery is the better connection it will make."

I had no problem charging my mugen battery but did NOT use the touchstone but rather a USB connection to my computer which worked fine and quite quickly.

I had it on with light usage and battery saver airplane mode 2am-8am and it went to 5% this afternoon at 5pm (around 28h later) at which time my phone threatened me and I put it to charge...
    Mine shipped from HK on the 4th and arrived in NY today. Funny way to get it to Texas...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    Mine shipped from HK on the 4th and arrived in NY today. Funny way to get it to Texas...

funny mine shipped from usa maybe ohio or some place like that ...got it in 2 days ...maybe the 10%off on their site led to stock problems...

after first charge last night finished at 100% at around 23h and with battery saver airplane mode from 2am to 8am and very light use this am (read coupla emails and checked 3-4 web pages with no video content) and very light use over the day with wifi on I have 62% now (19h) after 20h elapsed ...I keep data off while in wifi range... phone is on all day ...that seems pretty good!!

Am I correct?
    Last edited by patapoof; 01/10/2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: mo
    Just got mine today. VERY fast for shipping from Hong Kong, the fastest I've ever dealt with.

But now here's a question... there's an insert stating the first 4-5 charges I need to charge it 8-12 hours, drain it to 10% then recharge it again for 8-12 hours. Then repeat this process 4-5 times.

So that makes the first 5x5 = 25 charges requiring a deep charge and drain? A little excessive, no?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Just got mine today. VERY fast for shipping from Hong Kong, the fastest I've ever dealt with.

But now here's a question... there's an insert stating the first 4-5 charges I need to charge it 8-12 hours, drain it to 10% then recharge it again for 8-12 hours. Then repeat this process 4-5 times.

So that makes the first 5x5 = 25 charges requiring a deep charge and drain? A little excessive, no?
    No, I think they were being redundant there.. they seem to be indicating that the best use of the battery will come after 4 - 5 full direct (not touchstone) charges, each one occouring around the 10% mark on the phone.

IMO, of course.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

WOW you got yours in CA before most of us US folks. I only know 1 US person that should have there's today (I am sure there are others). My last tracking update is on the opposite side of the country, hope to have it by Friday so I can use my 3 day weekend to get all 4-5 charge cycles in.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    WOW you got yours in CA before most of us US folks. I only know 1 US person that should have there's today (I am sure there are others). My last tracking update is on the opposite side of the country, hope to have it by Friday so I can use my 3 day weekend to get all 4-5 charge cycles in.
    Your problem would be with US Mail then ... Lucky for me I live in Hong Kong and mine was overnight....Haven't taken it out of the package yet.

I am so glad SOMEBODY did the spare battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Your problem would be with US Mail then ... Lucky for me I live in Hong Kong and mine was overnight....Haven't taken it out of the package yet.

I am so glad SOMEBODY did the spare battery.
    I know my problem was with US customs, usually Canadian customs are worse though. Mine got to my PO box yesterday.

No complaints about the service from Mugen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Got my battery in Tx yesterday. Charged it up overnight and enjoying it already. Must have been held up in US customs for several days.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Got my HP battery from the palm euro store today. £20 +£4 p+p

Exactly same battery as what came with the pre3
    ie 1230mAh model BP4
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    did you all get shipment emails, or did it just show up? I still have not gotten mine... Suppose I need to get with cs
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I got a despatched notice email.

said 5 working days got it in 3
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Got my HP battery from the palm euro store today. £20 +£4 p+p

Exactly same battery as what came with the pre3
    ie 1230mAh model BP4
    do I take it you have the UK version ...I would like to know if the battery differs from that which is required for the US version of Pre3 ??
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I have the UK version of the Pre3 if thats what you are asking
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I have the UK version of the Pre3 if thats what you are asking
    yes ...I have the USA version and some say the batteries may be slightly different ...that being enough to make them not be interchangeable (perhaps)...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    yes ...I have the USA version and some say the batteries may be slightly different ...that being enough to make them not be interchangeable (perhaps)...
    The various Pre3 (eu-at&t-verizon) differ only for the "modem" , keyboard layout and plastic back. Everything else is totally identical.

This said... I would jump on one spare battery (palm eurostore), if only an external charger was available
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I've been following the directions that came with the Mugen battery and charging it overnight, then let it drain. The battery tends to last for about a day and half (it probably would last a bit longer if I didn't turn on Bluetooth to help drain the battery). I'm using the USB charging cable that normally powers the Touchstone to charge the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I've been following the directions that came with the Mugen battery and charging it overnight, then let it drain. The battery tends to last for about a day and half (it probably would last a bit longer if I didn't turn on Bluetooth to help drain the battery). I'm using the USB charging cable that normally powers the Touchstone to charge the Pre3.
    I get about a day to a day + 1/2 on it with BT off, WiFi on, DATA off, GPS off, PHONE on except battery saver off 2am-8am ...I don't have data to support it, but I do NOT see any significant difference or improvement over the stock battery.

I believe there are battery monitor apps and would love to see some enterprising person who runs a valid test of the 2 batteries to specify the results above which I do NOT claim to be valid in any way...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456