Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Hey!!!

That's not quite right... it was no where near the 1800mah...

There's going to be less improvement over the stock battery on the pre 3 than there was with the Pre/Pre Plus/Pre 2. (I bought the one for the Pre plus btw)

Mugen managed to squeeze a 1800mAH rating for the HTC Desire Z battery from it's stock of 1300 mAH so this is dissapointing.

Plus that HTC battery costed exact the same as this extended Pre 3's
    disappointed?... You should buy from the other guy then.....wait a minute, there is no other guy....

I am very happy to have a spare battery period...
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    hp battery on ebay, 55bucks

bigger mugen battery 40...

yeah
    MugenPower likes this.
    Yay, finally! Been waiting for this! Thank you Mugen Power Batteries!!!

So, I wanna buy the XL version, but I have a question first:
    I don't wanna sound picky, but it would be really cool have a look at the Pre3 with that custom battery door before ordering... I've searched the web but didn't find any pictures yet...
    So can anyone upload some pics here, maybe? Or give me a link to where I can see that battery door in action? I'd really appreciate that! Just wanna know what size that thing will be....

Thanks in advance for any answers!
    Last edited by Slad; 12/29/2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just got an email from Mugen saying that my Pre3 battery has been shipped. That's a couple days earlier than the previous Jan 6th estimate.
    Mine shipped too!
    Should've asked you guys earlier... Do you guys allow in-person pickup in Hong Kong? I have a few friends in the old land...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Mines been shipped, was a nice surprise this morning. Looking forward to it
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    mine shipped the other day too
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It's charging as I type. The manual that came with it (well, leaflet) says to charge for 8-12 hours first...I thought those days were over? Oh well, I've waited long enough so I'll do what it says, but seemed a bit weird to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    It's charging as I type. The manual that came with it (well, leaflet) says to charge for 8-12 hours first...I thought those days were over? Oh well, I've waited long enough so I'll do what it says, but seemed a bit weird to me.
    charged it until full for a while, came charged partially (58%) ...battery app shows 98% but phone icon shows 100% ...using it down low for the first time ...does NOT seem to last as long as the OEM but will await some cycles before drawing any conclusions...

oh yes, the fit was a little tight and I had to almost force it down near the pull tab ...anyone else? I sent email to mugen asking ...no answer yet...
    Damn you folks in the US? Figured it would take more than a week to get mine, will have to check the PO box.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Damn you folks in the US? Figured it would take more than a week to get mine, will have to check the PO box.
    your profile says you are in "nor cal" ...would that be "northern caledonia" perhaps?
    My new battery arrived yesterday too (to the UK). The fit was very tight, yes.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Nope, a little bit further than that...I'm in London, UK!
    Mine arrived in Australia this morning......I guess Oz is closer to Hong Kong than the UK etc
    Probably gonna be next month for me. Packages from Hong Kong via Canada Post always takes ages.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    So, my Mugen battery (1400) arrived on Saturday too (UK) and I put it in on Saturday evening to charge overnight. It was a seriously tight fit but it seemed to work and I put it on the touchstone (it started charging) and went to bed.

Sunday morning it was showing an almost dead battery! I quickly switched to a direct power connection and it seemed to start charging again. Left it for an hour while I had breakfast but since I needed the phone I switched to the old battery.

Tried again last night and had the exact same experience. Something is up, it doesn't seem to like charging on the touchstone.

I have written to Mugen to see what they say.

Still no shipping notification for me. I'm in the US & ordered when they released. Anyone else in the same boat? I have the order confirmation, but haven't heard anything since....
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Still no shipping notification for me. I'm in the US & ordered when they released. Anyone else in the same boat? I have the order confirmation, but haven't heard anything since....
    Go back to the website and login and check your profile, see if there is more information there. Since there was only one shipping e-mail that I can recall.

My complaint is horrible USPS tracking, dunno if it's here or not... since others have got theres think I will take off early today to hit my PO.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    I ordered, got immediate confirmation, got shipping confirmation with tracking, tracked, got battery...

I am sure Mugen has an automated triage of those who are "undeserving" or otherwise "not qualified" to possess a Mugen battery ...you have been tagged as such, I guess.

Life is a mystery... ;^)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast