1.    #1  
    I recently bought a cell phone booster, a Wilson Sleek, and used it in a rural area,usually a death zone for AT&T. To my surprise, my Veer went from no service to 3-4 bars of Edge! I also picked up HSPA+ about 8 miles further out from Sioux City, IA. All on highway 77, not known for good signal. My point? You live in a crap area? Spend 89.99 on the Sleek. Found it through Quantum, an Amazon store. Can get a home kit as well, or buy a 110 with a car input. Makes AT&T viable for me!
  2.    #2  
    No, I don't own Quantum, just where I got it from. Just excited because it worked as advertised.
    There is also the AT&T Microcell which plugs into your home network and creates a mini cell tower in your house and will give you a great signal while at home.
  4.    #4  
    I saw one for sale on CL..I am testing the booster today out in the country. Getting 5 bars EDGE on the veer outside of a normal area. For those of us not in larger cities, it's a marvel...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    There is also the AT&T Microcell which plugs into your home network and creates a mini cell tower in your house and will give you a great signal while at home.
    Can anyone recommend a similar cell booster, which connects to my home network, for T-Mobile?

On Edit: Found out that if we migrate to a TMobile postpaid account we can receive a booster from TMobile at no extra charge, and it just mounts to a window in our home and extends whatever signal is coming from the tower. In our case the closest tower is broadcasting 4G and below, so all frequencies are amplified. We'll give this a try.
    Last edited by mypalmpred; 12/04/2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    Can anyone recommend a similar cell booster, which connects to my home network, for T-Mobile?

On Edit: Found out that if we migrate to a TMobile postpaid account we can receive a booster from TMobile at no extra charge, and it just mounts to a window in our home and extends whatever signal is coming from the tower. In our case the closest tower is broadcasting 4G and below, so all frequencies are amplified. We'll give this a try.
    they want to charge for the device and for the service even though you are using what is essentially voip over another provider's cable internet (comcast) ...I bitched&moaned and they gave it up for free ...box&service ...now it works kinda great depending on where you are in the house...

How I just scored a free AT&T Microcell, and how you (probably) can too [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

att microcell is 3g and it uses your minutes and your dataplan so wachit !!

call the AT&T office of the President (877-707-6220) ...seems the prez of att has a lot more slug than the prez of the usa ...LOL