1.    #1  
    I have constant problems with the built in chat client. There is a large list of problems but in summary:

* You can't have more than one gtalk account setup. Only one of them will work at a time and it appears to be random as to which.

* Often I can't sign in, it simply refuses even to try. As in no spinning circle or anything. And yes that is with a fully working internet connection.

* Accounts say they are signed in but are not really, sometimes even while signed off and showing offline it will have some "ghost" contacts showing online.

* This morning I was sending messages but not receiving any. I didn't realise until I signed into the proper Yahoo client on my PC and got flooded with the responses.

The only way I have found to temporarily fix most of the above is to completely remove the account in question and re-add it. Although this didn't fix the yahoo problem this morning.

does anyone know if we connect directly to the IM services or is it via a Palm/HP proxy?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    The only problem I've experienced of those is the multiple gmail accounts problem, which I then get around by disabling the ones in 'Accounts' that I don't want to use. It's annoying, and I don't remember having that problem on my pre-, but not debilitating.

I'm hoping the 2.x branch of webos gets the chat enhancements 3.0.4 just got, and we can then sign into chat accounts individually from the messaging client.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...gnal-loss.html

I am having some of the same issues. This is my biggest gripe with webos 2.1, because it worked PERFECTLY in 1.4.5.

I'm hoping, praying for a homebrew fix for this... as I doubt it will ever be fixed officially (thanks HP). Its my biggest gripe with the phone as I don't have unlimited SMS.
    Last edited by zemoffm; 10/21/2011 at 04:35 PM.