Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, i've got preware. tried to install uberkernal thingy, didnt work... I have govna..... now how do I get rid of this **** lag from the pre. kinda starting to **** me off. I was really excited to play around with this.

also.

I'm trying to add phone contacts. I ONLY want phone contacts to show up, none of this google/gmail stuff. bahhhh... feeling like the honeymoon period is almost over and it has only been a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    So, i've got preware. tried to install uberkernal thingy, didnt work... I have govna..... now how do I get rid of this **** lag from the pre. kinda starting to **** me off. I was really excited to play around with this.

also.

I'm trying to add phone contacts. I ONLY want phone contacts to show up, none of this google/gmail stuff. bahhhh... feeling like the honeymoon period is almost over and it has only been a day.
    Which lag?
    Newness Developments apps:

You can link and unlink your contacts and stuff in the Accounts app.

And in what way did uberkernel not work? What does govnah report as your speed? Because the Pre 3 is not laggy by default.
    need to learn more about your phone and webos
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Which lag?
    lag when I have a few cards open, lag while going through contacts, lag when going through images.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    You can link and unlink your contacts and stuff in the Accounts app.

And in what way did uberkernel not work? What does govnah report as your speed? Because the Pre 3 is not laggy by default.
    when trying to install uberkernal, right when it got to the end, it said there was an error while installing, and did not complete, however the the app icon still appeared. when I click it, i just get a blank card.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    need to learn more about your phone and webos
    agreed.
    Okay, did you try reinstalling? Or if that fails, I'd install the palm default kernel, reboot, then try uberkernel again.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Okay, did you try reinstalling? Or if that fails, I'd install the palm default kernel, reboot, then try uberkernel again.
    seems to have installed now, just restarted the device. cheers
  10.    #10  
    wow.... and now things are as they should be. as soon as the re-boot was over. things are actualy pretty fast. thanks. now on to govna. gunna check the thread to see what people have their settings on.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingka View Post
    seems to have installed now, just restarted the device. cheers
    Heh give it to me if you hate it so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    open the accounts app and toggle off contacts for any account you don't want included.

I'm not seeing lag on either of my pre3 devices, so could you be more specific?
    Yeah, no lag on my Pre 3 either, very fast even with 4 cards open.
    My device only seems to lag under fairly extreme cases (10 cards + Slacker Radio streaming). Otherwise any delays are fairly imperceptible to me.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  15.    #15  
    just the speed in general, seemed slow. there was a half to one second delay on while I switched between cards sometimes, going through my contacts, adding new contacts.

netwrkr9 and Cantaffordit. are you using a virgin pre 3? or have you added patches and uberkernal and whatever. if you are stating that you have no lag pre kernal and govna, thats understandable. out of box experience is not perfect. also, now that I've gone through all this. the gesture tutorial program gives me the black screen of death and I have to take the battery out to reset/get passed it. nnot that i need it. just a mild annoyance. anyways, thanks to all the devs that have put in the time to help out the community by improving webos. cheers.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    My device only seems to lag under fairly extreme cases (10 cards + Slacker Radio streaming). Otherwise any delays are fairly imperceptible to me.
    cool, did you install the kernal? or overclock it? or is this straight out of box experience?
    both of mine are using the stock kernel. Only patches are the advanced framework Stuff from sconix.
    At&t Pre 3 and yes I have Preware with patches with the Govnah app but no Uberkernel installed. I had no lag out of the box. I had uberkernel installed but removed it because my battery consumption went from 1 1/2 percent an hour to 6 1/2 percent an hour at idle. Try doctoring your Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    open the accounts app and toggle off contacts for any account you don't want included.

I'm not seeing lag on either of my pre3 devices, so could you be more specific?
    anyway to hide contacts on the sim card? I was able to on my pre plus, but I can't seem to find the option on the pre 3.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Try restarting your phone. I've had some lag during browsing. Restarted and it disappeared and hasn't come back.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast